Senior Project Engineer – Automation
Senior Project Engineer – Automation
The University of Sheffield
£31,302 - £39,609 per annum, with potential to progress to £43,267 per annum
Are you interested in joining a world-class research and development centre?
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for engineering to join the AMRC Wales near the beginning of its’ journey and play a part in placing Wales amongst the most innovative regions in the UK.
As a Senior Project Engineer in this varied and dynamic role, you will be working as part of a team of engineers delivering innovative automation development projects to all sectors of the Welsh manufacturing industry. You will be responsible for reporting progress of your projects to the Automation Technical Fellow and assisting them in developing a technology roadmap to meet the industrial requirements of the Welsh and wider UK manufacturing economy. As an experienced member of the team, you will mentor the Project Engineers to ensure the AMRC’s high standards for quality and project delivery are maintained.
You will have:
- Demonstrated industrial experience with a strong background of automated manufacturing system integration and Bachelors qualification in relevant subject.
- Experience in using programming software such as Fortran, Matlab, C++ etc and the programming of industrial robots
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and understanding of the Machinery Directive and CE marking.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to present to customers and communicating to staff on all levels within the organisation.
- Experience of a delivering a range of projects in Research and Development environments via different management approaches.
- Knowledge of key manufacturing industry processes e.g. aerospace, automotive, food & drink, metal fabrication & nuclear.
About the Team
AMRC Wales vision is to be instrumental in driving world class manufacturing innovation for Wales and the UK, with applied research facilities comparable with the best in the world, ensuring Wales is an attractive destination for inward investment and the creation of new businesses, in addition to providing world-class support for existing manufacturers.
AMRC Wales is a new part of the University of Sheffield AMRC Group and by extension the High Value Manufacturing Catapult (HVMC), funded by Welsh Government, HVMC funds and the private sector. Initially, the group will employ 18 members of staff within our new state of the art facility in Broughton, Flintshire. Our aspiration for the AMRC Wales over the next 10 years is to mirror the growth of the AMRC in Sheffield and expand to additional facilities employing hundreds of members of staff.
About the University
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Follow @sheffielduni and @ShefUniJobs on Twitter for more information about what makes the University of Sheffield a remarkable place to work.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top left of your screen.
Closing date: 25 April 2019.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered entirely on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.