Electronics Development Engineer
Original Ltd is an enterprising Sales and Engineering company based between Telford & Shrewsbury. We currently design and develop a range of products that integrate into differing market sectors globally. Our aims and objectives are to create innovative solutions for our blue- chip customer base. Having now expanded into the sector or Electric Vehicle Charge Systems this has created the role for a highly skill & motivated Electronics Engineer, someone who can apply their skills & think outside the box.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Development and innovation taking on responsibility for product electronic designs and prototyping.
- PCB design and layout, producing necessary assembly drawings/documentation
- Firmware programming and testing (C or similar)
- Producing and testing prototypes where necessary
- Fault finding of PCBs and systems
- Develop + test solutions to problems to ensure product quality.
- Identify and recommend product improvements to improve technical performance.
- Understanding, compiling and managing hardware design through to external suppliers.
- Leading the qualification, test, and requirements management aspects of physical design, including EMC and radio performance.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations.
Your skill set will include elements of the following
- Experience in both analogue and digital Electronic Hardware Design
- Experience of PCB layout (Altium or similar)
- Self-motivated to work with minimal supervision on multiple simultaneous projects as a part of a small team of Engineers
- Good communication skills verbally and in writing (producing design documentation)
- A knowledge of compliance requirements - CE, FCC etc
- Strong embedded firmware skills in C.
- Power converter systems design.
- Knowledge of CAN bus networks, particularly SAE J1939, desirable but not essential
- An understanding of design for EMC
There are also some must haves:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in both analogue and digital Electronic Hardware Design.