Business Development and Commercial Director – Aerospace
Job Title: Director, Business Development and Commercial
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The company are a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization founded by the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan who’s global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
The company have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together they build professional relationships that thrive. They know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business.
They have an exciting opportunity for Director of Business Development & Commercial. The successful candidate will lead Business Development for both Europe and Asia, as well as manage their UK’s Commercial and Estimating teams. The individual will also work closely in collaboration with Regional and Corporate Senior Management, towards identifying and delivering company Business Development strategy.
Perks and Benefits:
* Competitive salary
* Company pension plan
* Positive work-life balance
* On site bonus scheme
* Excellent career progression opportunities
* Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
* Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
* Employee Social & Charity Association
* Employee advantages scheme
* Health care vouchers
* Long Service Awards
* Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
* Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
* Free parking
* Lead Key Account Executives and divisional Business Development personnel in the implementation and execution of business capture plans.
* Perform market/program assessments, identify and recommend strategic programs to be targeted.
* Prepare/receive and present reports by compiling, reviewing and analyzing data and providing written and oral reports to management.
* Facilitate the development of corporate and divisional strategic business development plans
* Develop contractor performance measures and manages evaluations by analyzing overall performance, identifying key performance indicators, and composing Vendor/Contractor ratings.
* Participate in the creation of and implementation of corporate branding materials, marketing campaigns, website, brochures and trade show displays.
* Resolves non-compliance issues by investigating and resolving contract related discrepancies, complaints, and disputes between departments, vendors/contracts and all parties involved; resolving appeals and other claims.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of strategic relationships with targeted customers.
* Communicate and forecast internally.
* Maintain customer satisfaction register.
* Travel as required to visit Magellan divisions, customers and attend industry conferences.
* Help create divisional strategic business development plans.
* Guide and mentor Key Account Executives and divisional Business Development personnel.
* Provide leadership/advice on contract negotiations for major programs.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Marketing or another relevant field.
* Minimum six (6) years of experience in business development, specifically in aerospace. Must understand the defence market.
* Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Commercial Director, Engineering Director, Senior Sales Engineering, Aerospace Sales, Aerospace Manager, BD Aerospace, General Manager, Operations Director, Business Development Director, Director of Business Change, CEO, Business Manager, Business Director, Senior Operations Manager will also be considered for this role.