Returners Programme - Spectrum Engineering Analyst
Returners Programme - Spectrum Engineering Analyst
Based in London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and/or Belfast
Our client is partnering with Women Returners to offer a Returners Programme which will support talented individuals from all genders and backgrounds, back into work after an extended career break of two or more years.
About the Returners Programme
The programme offers successful applicants a six month fixed term contract and the possibility of transitioning into a permanent role; a range of flexible working options are available, and as standard, colleagues have the ability and technology to work outside of the office regularly.
As part of the Returners programme you will be supported back into the workplace; you will receive coaching from Women Returners, an internal mentor and opportunities to network across the organisation. You will receive a competitive package of pay and benefits during the programme.
Our client’s Spectrum group is responsible for managing the wireless radio spectrum in the UK, both for current deployments aligned with existing regulations, and developing future policy directions as technology and markets evolve.
Purpose of the Role
As part of our client’s Spectrum Engineering team, you will be focused on ensuring that new and existing wireless systems can operate without interference to one another. To do so you will perform analysis and develop technical policy to enable 5G and other new and innovative wireless services, and you will also have the opportunity to participate in hands-on measurement activities for existing and emerging technologies. The successful candidate will work in multi-disciplinary teams with other spectrum specialists, economists and policy leads, as well as key sector stakeholders.
Requirements of the Role
- Working in a project-led environment, develop detailed technical evidence and advice on a wide range of mobile, fixed and satellite radio communication technologies
- Perform analysis and modelling of wireless networks, such as undertaking link level analysis, performing simulation analysis or modelling of radio wave propagation
- Participate in measurement and trials work, including lab and field work, to assess for interoperability, compatibility and interference
- Contribute to planning, project and programme management within the Spectrum Engineering team to ensure that projects are delivered in a timely manner and to a high standard
- In all of these areas, you will demonstrate our client’s values of excellence, empowerment, agility and collaboration.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Radio frequency engineering knowledge, with experience in undertaking technical measurements or analysis on different types of wireless systems
- Excellent technical report writing and strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex radio engineering results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to grasp technical and policy issues associated with managing the radio spectrum
- Project management experience and proven expertise of working across multiple projects
- Proficiency with planning and modelling tools and high level of data numeracy
Ideal candidate from a technical background or to possess an equivalent level of experience.
Project management - Create detailed plans, oversee and co-ordinate work beyond own expertise, ensure colleagues under requirements, conduct risk analysis, set up contingency plans involving relevant specialists.
Relationship management - Represents and explains our client’s position, takes lead in meetings, develops and nurtures ongoing relationship, shows understanding, shows understanding and interest in needs of others, takes non-judgmental approach, trust colleagues to deliver.
Communication - Can draw complex ideas into clear and focused documents, tailors tone and content to the audience, integrate and edit contributions from other specialists, challenge to improve thinking, anticipate possible changes preparing accordingly, make others understand rationale behind thinking, decisions and actions.
Problem solving and analysis - considers the practicality of risk and long-term implications, make well-reasoned decisions, creates the right balance between short-term issues and longer-term strategic thinking, ensure analysis is informed by strategic priorities and input from other groups.
To apply to the Returners Programme, please select the button shown to upload your CV and a Covering Letter.
Our client would like your covering letter to highlight your experience and motivations for joining the Returners Programme.
CVs alone will not be accepted.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Spectrum Engineering Analyst, Spectrum Engineer, RF Engineering Analyst, Radio Frequency Engineering Analyst, RF Engineer, Radio Frequency Engineer, Spectrum Engineer.