As Engineering Manager, you'll work closely with site teams to drive improvement through efficient and innovative ways of working. With our central engineering teams based close by, you will value cross functional working and the opportunity to be involved in unique project teams.
At Warburtons, our Engineering Teams are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at pace - we’re looking for you to make a personal impact through your passion and ability to inspire and champion success. We’re on a journey of innovation and of continuous improvement whilst working on a changing approach to reliability centred maintenance (RCM).
Our aspiration is to be “Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand” and we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for. Family and values are what makes us different - join us and be proud to be Warburtons!
Passionate about our people you too will want to engage and develop your team driving together for results. People are our most precious ingredient so along with your technical focus, you'll have a passion for people development as well as a hunger for being part of a management team that together drive the success of our beloved Burnley site.
- Experience of PUWER, COSHH & HACCP with a working knowledge of H&S audits and processes
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive safety performance, quality, reliability and cost
- You’ll be able to deploy and execute a reliability centred asset care strategy
- Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- Possess, as a minimum, an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC or equivalent
- An understanding of PLC is desirable
- Experience of working within food manufacturing is desirable
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread’s worth;
- Family time and your time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so you’ll receive five weeks holiday
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, bike to work scheme