Our client is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They are now looking for an Aerodynamics Engineer to help design their vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of up to 5%
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
- 25 days' holiday (+ 1 extra for your birthday!)
This is an amazing opportunity to play a vital part in the development of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry.
You will have the chance to join a talented and compelling team who are dedicated to revolutionising the way we fly.
As the Aerodynamics Engineer, you will work on aerodynamic surface and rotor design, analysis, integration and testing.
By combining your knowledge of fundamental aerodynamic principles with cutting edge modelling technologies, you will help our client rapidly innovate and iterate in their fast-paced design and build environment.
This will include:
- Performing aerodynamic calculations from simple hand calculations to detailed CFD analysis
- Interpreting aerodynamic data to quantify impacts on aircraft performance and flying characteristics
- Developing, verifying and validating CFD methods
- Showing compliance of designs to relevant aerospace standards
- Supporting the Test team as required to explore and validate technical solutions
To be considered as an Aerodynamics Engineer, you will need:
- Experience of working in a relevant industrial environment
- Experience of using CAD and CFD tools
- Sound knowledge of air vehicle aerodynamics
- An understanding of typical flight characteristics and fixed and rotary wing air vehicles
- The ability to apply your knowledge to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics
- Excellent English communication skills
- To be educated to degree level or higher (or equivalent) in Aeronautical and/or Mechanical Engineering
Experience of the following would be beneficial: aerodynamic testing, being directly involved in flight test programmes or working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multirotors. Knowledge and experience of aeroacoustics would be equally favourable.
It would also be an advantage if you are a proficient user of SolidWorks and ANSYS CFD, are experienced using MATLAB or equivalent, and are committed to professional development.
Other organisations may call this role Aerodynamics Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, CFD Engineer, CFD Modelling Engineer, Aerodynamic Concept Engineer or Aerodynamic Design Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Aerodynamics Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.