Principal Flight Dynamics Engineer
Principal Flight Dynamics Engineer
Our client is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They are now looking for a Principal Flight Dynamics Engineer to help guide the design and certification of their vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of up to 5%
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
- 25 days' holiday (+ 1 extra for your birthday!)
This is a brilliant opportunity to play a vital part in the development and delivery of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry.
You will have the chance to join a talented, highly-skilled team who are committed to delivering ideas and concepts that make a real difference.
So, if you’ve been looking for the opportunity to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As the Principal Flight Dynamics Engineer, you’ll support the design and certification processes for our client’s aircraft.
Working with in-house engineers and suppliers, you’ll be tasked with delivering an unconventional aircraft in-line with challenging performance specifications.
You’ll also play a key role in helping to define the certification strategy and developing standards for our client’s emerging VTOL class of aircraft.
Some of your duties will involve:
- Developing strategies for the design, verification and validation of air vehicles and their associated sub-systems
- Helping to develop aircraft level integration of concepts and design solutions
- Implementing emerging technology into company processes
- Guiding and mentoring junior team members
- Making specifications of flight test requirements
To be considered as a Principal Flight Dynamics Engineer, you will need:
- Significant experience of working on flight physics topics in an industrial environment
- Expert knowledge of air vehicle flight characteristics
- A good understanding of aeroacoustics, aerodynamics, flight loads, flight control and handling qualities
- Knowledge of processes and requirements relevant to the certification of aircraft
- A track record of successfully working in a complex technical environment
- Excellent English communication skills
- A degree level qualification in aeronautical and/or mechanical engineering or equivalent
Experience of the following would be beneficial: aerodynamic testing, being directly involved in flight test programmes or working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multirotors.
It would also be advantageous if you’ve previously held a position of responsibility for certification activities in an approved aircraft design organisation (e.g. CVE).
Other organisations may call this role Lead Flight Dynamics Engineer, Principal Aeronautical Engineer, Lead Aeronautical Engineer, Senior Aerodynamics Engineer, Lead Mechanical Engineer or Aviation Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Principal Flight Dynamics Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week