Deputy Quality Manager / Quality Engineer - Aerospace
Job Title: Deputy Quality Manager
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The company are a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organisation founded by the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan who’s global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
The company have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are their greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together they build professional relationships that thrive. They know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of their business.
Assist the Quality Manager to manage and control the Quality Department and all its aspects to ensure compliance to the company Quality Management Systems and to ensure all products meet legal, regulatory and customer requirements and expectations. Primary focus on achieving and maintaining Quality KPIs to target, (R1 and Scrap), and completing activities related to Customer escapes and complaints, QNs, 8Ds and Internal non-conformances.
Perks and Benefits:
* Competitive salary
* Company pension plan
* Positive work-life balance
* On site bonus scheme
* Excellent career progression opportunities
* Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
* Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
* Employee advantages scheme
* Health care vouchers
* Long Service Awards
* Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
* Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
* Free parking
* Continued accreditation to BS EN ISO 9001: 2000 & AS9100 and NADCAP
* Customer Liaison, respond to customer escapes, complaints, QNs and 8ds, Fully complete RCCA activities and follow up on effectiveness.
* Internal non-conformance, NCRs & 8Ds
* Fully complete RCCA activities and follow up on effectiveness.
* Report monthly KPI to QM
* Carry out trend analysis to highlight repeat problems
* MRB, work in conjunction with the MRB quality Engineer to complete RCCA activities and follow up on effectiveness.
* Advanced Product Quality Planning and FMEA
* Process Improvement & Root Cause Analysis
* Implementation and management of the quality management systems
* Management, coaching, mentoring of the quality department team
* Create management reports with 100% achievement of quality targets
* Any other duties requested by the QM
* BSc or above in engineering disciplines preferred
* HND or equivalent and relevant additional experience may be acceptable in lieu
* Conversant with Lean Manufacturing Techniques/Team based Working
* Knowledge of AS9100
* Membership of professional body
* 5 years in a similar position in the Aerospace industry (relevant automotive or defence experience may be acceptable)
* Experienced in APQP, Process FMEA, Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis
* Experienced in Six Sigma Methodologies
* Experienced in PFMEA
* Conscientious and accurate with investigations and reports
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
* Fully computer literate with advanced Microsoft Excel and ERP/MRP systems
* Professional – comfortable on the shop floor or in the board room
* Business minded, articulate, excellent planner
* Can communicate effectively (both verbal and written) to all demographics within the business.
* Commercially aware, understands the wider organisation, function and structure.
* Process driven
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Aerospace Quality Manager, Deputy Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Quality Manager, Operational Improvement Manager, Quality Improvement Manager, Quality assurance Officer, Quality Improvement, Quality Assurance Lead, Quality Auditor, Continuous Improvement Manager will also be considered for this role.