Tooling Engineer / CNC Machinist / Manufacturing Engineer
Job Title: Tooling Engineer
Job type: Full Time - Temporary, 6 months
This is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organisation officially adopted their name in 1996; deriving it from an intrepid explorer. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At the company there is over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and they believe one truth: People create value. Employees are the greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together they build professional relationships that thrive. The company knows that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of a business, so they invest in their employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of this company, you are part of the team!
* Manage, Monitor and control Tooling on a day to day basis across sites.
* Liaise with Tool Supplier Reps to ensure stock levels are accurate and available.
* Liaise with Machine Tool Manufacturer Applications Engineers to constantly improve tooling.
* Support the Engineering department with New Tooling requirements and tooling issues.
* Interface with other departments, manufacturing facilities and customers for engineering related tasks.
* Support Shop floor with tooling requirements, to provide support and assistance to any new part introduction process and assisting in securing a smooth introduction.
* Project manage new tooling requirements for new plant installation and liaise with Engineering.
* Manage and reduce tooling cost/spend in line with budget assumptions.
* Standardise tooling across the site, to carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
* Have the ability to trouble shoot and solve tooling problems when required.
* Good General Education
* Time Served Apprenticeship
* Minimum of 5 years related work experience
* Knowledge of multi-discipline Engineering fundamentals
* Knowledge of multi-discipline engineering practices, processes and procedures
* An understanding of aerospace materials and standard hardware
* Previous experience of programme management
* Good knowledge of CNC Machining and Catia NC Programming
* Awareness of CNC Machines and controls
* Tooling and Fixturing knowledge
* Experience of working to budgets (Desirable)
* Commercially aware
* Computer literate with good excel knowledge
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
* Customer relationship skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Financially aware
* Knowledge of sector
* Ability to listen and focus on business objectives
* Work on own initiative
* Clear, concise communicator
* Organised and methodical
* Takes ownership of problems
* Competitive salary
* Company pension plan
* Positive work-life balance
* On site bonus scheme
* Excellent career progression opportunities
* Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
* Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
* Employee Social & Charity Association
* Employee advantages scheme
* Health care vouchers
* Long Service Awards
* Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
* Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
* Free parking
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Tooling Manager, Tooling Maintenance Manager, Process Engineer, Tool Engineer, Tooling Engineer, Manufacturing, Toolmaker, Manual, Miller, Turner, Turning, Milling, CNC, Tool Engineer, Toolroom, Plastics, Injection Moulding, Process Development, Standard Operating Procedures will also be considered for this role.