Electrical Engineer / Electrician /Electrical Technician
Job Title: Electrician
Salary: £24,313 - £26,317 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent – 37 Hours per week
The Council's property services team are looking for an Electrician to work in their maintenance team providing reactive maintenance across the Council's portfolio.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate that they can undertake an Electrical role within a maintenance team to a high standard and should have a core skill in domestic Electrical installations.
Applicants will need to have the highest levels of customer care and have a cheerful and positive disposition.
* Current 17th edition IEE Wiring Regulations qualification
* City & Guilds level (1) & (2) 2330
* City & Guilds level (3) 2391 - Testing and inspection
* A positive disposition and commitment to team work
* Committed to presenting a positive image of the Council
* High levels of customer care suitable for work in tenant's homes
* Ability to work efficiently to complete minimum daily workloads as prescribed to meet business A commitment to the principles of continuous improvement
* Able to plan and record own work load and material use
* Able to complete domestic electrical maintenance operations to a high standard
* Able to communicate efficiently and courteously at appropriate levels
* Must provide all required hand tools and cordless drill / driver and maintain in good working order
* Able to provide an out of hours emergency electrical service on a rota basis.
* Full driving licence
Desirable Criteria – Additional requirements relevant to the post:
* CSCS - Blue card or above, NVQ Level 3 or SVQ Level 3
* Worked in a Social Housing environment
* Awareness of construction related legislation and practices
* Multi-skilled operative with experience of associated plastering, tiling, brickwork and joinery
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles or experience of; Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Electrician, Field Service Engineer, Electrical Technician, 17th Edition Engineer, Electrical Services Technician, C&G 2391 may be considered for this role.