Cobham Aviation Services UK has recently been awarded a contract for the design and development of a range of operational training electronic warfare pods by the MoD on behalf of NATO. This will provide realistic training in EW to the member countries, in order to be able to operate in a real time situation. Based in Bournemouth Airport, CAVs UK is actively recruiting for ILS Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for engineers looking to build on their current experience in an interesting and challenging area.
The role is a technical authority in their chosen technology area(s). They provide this knowledge to projects and bids and actively contribute to the development of their technology and associated engineering processes. They also provide coaching / mentor guidance to others. May also provide the team leading and management of projects and bids. Travel to customer sites is required.
The prime location is the Cobham Aviation Services facility located at Christchurch, Dorset.
As the ILS Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Essential – extensive experience in all aspects of ILS (supportability analysis, AR&M analysis, planning and implementation of ISS).
- Essential – understanding of CLS and availability-based ISS, performance metrics and KPIs
- Experience of airborne electronic equipment projects from both hardware and software viewpoint
- Experience of working with the military
- Experience of airworthiness requirements and regulations
- Experience within the defence industry or of working with defence contractors
- Desirable – experience of Electronic Warfare (EW) equipment would be beneficial
- Desirable – experience working to regulatory standards
- Desirable – experience in the military, particularly with aircraft and avionics equipment
- Desirable – experience of safety and environmental management
- Desirable – understanding of project lifecycle management process
- Skills to undertake the complete range of tasks within the role
- The ability to undertake all aspects of ILS
- Ability to work within a team and on own depending on project and size of task
- Ability to engage with external and internal customers in professional manner in person and by phone
- Flexibility to work away from home on customer sites in UK and abroad, typically for a few days and occasionally be for longer periods of up to a one week
- Able to write formal reports and meeting minutes, which can be used both internally and with customers
- Able to use departmental tools to carry out the tasks required, Excel, Word, HEAT help desk and understand and interpret Project schedules
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues including apprentices and stakeholders
- Health and Safety legislation and related regulation and risk minimisation practices in house and at customer sites
- Good communication skills
- Ability to obtain SC clearance
Educational Vocational Qualifications
Desirable: Degree level engineer preferred, but minimum HNC/HND engineering qualification with commensurate experience
As the ILS Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- ILS for EW systems.
- ILS for potential customers of the equipment.
- ILS for bids and proposals at Cobham Special Mission.
- Develop ILS processes to ensure that the relevant requirements and ILS KPIs are being achieved
- Perform detailed supportability analysis tasks.
- Perform detailed availability, reliability and maintainability analysis tasks, including Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Produce and maintain ILS Plans (Integrated Support Plan, ILS Statement of Work and ILS element plans).
- Produce and maintain ILS SOWs for subcontractors.
- Manage subcontractor ILS deliverables.
- Establish process for measuring and recording availability performance of equipment
- Liaise with Cobham Special Mission technical publications, training, safety and environmental functions.
- Liaise with Cobham Special Mission Technical Services organisation to establish In-Service Support (ISS) capability for the equipment.
- Work as part of fully integrated project team.
- Liaise with prime contractor and customer organisations.
- Manage handover of ISS tasks to Support Manager.
Cobham Aviation Services UK
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.