Senior Electronics Engineer
Senior Electronics Engineer
Up to £60k
My client designs and manufactures of a range of sensors & systems for multiple industries. They have been established for over 50 years.
- The work will involve mixed signal design including pre-amplifiers, filters, power supplies, interfacing and analogue-digital conversion for precision instrumentation applications. Some experience or knowledge of microprocessor based circuit design and embedded software would be desirable.
- The candidate will be expected to work independently or as a member of a team contributing to all aspects of the product development cycle from requirement analysis through design & development into production.
- Candidate would be expected to produce design documentation and test specifications.
- Candidate will be expected to provide technical support to Sales and Marketing for bidding/proposal writing and technical assistance to the Customer Support Manager and Production Department.
- Candidate would be expected to provide occasional off-shore support as required including some overseas travel.
- The candidate will be a self-motivated engineer capable of running small development tasks independently. Example tasks include low-noise hydrophone preamplifier design or multichannel data logger design. Candidate will have to check other engineer’s work.
- New product development (design & test).
- Existing product development (fault finding / improvement / enhancement).
- Support to Production Department test engineers, Engineers (after settling in) would be expected to design, prototype and document a circuit. Then take it through to a manufacturability state. This may be as part of a team.
- Candidate should have at least five years’ experience and specific expertise in analogue circuit design preferably in an instrumentation development environment.
- Practical skills would be desirable but not essential.
- Self-motivation is essential along with a desire to continue to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- The candidate must be keen to learn new skills and be comfortable working in a highly multidisciplinary environment.
- Candidate must be able to operate as part of a team but also be able to act on own initiative, must be methodical and pay great attention to detail and work well under pressure and to deadline.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Candidates with a BSc (2:1) or a higher degree in a relevant electronics engineering course from a UK University.
- Basic Analog components / circuits (essential)
- Operational Amplifier circuits (essential)
- Power supply technology (essential
- Circuit analysis, modelling and theory (essential)
- Analog-Digital Conversion (essential)
- Interfacing and IO (e.g. I2C and SPI bus) (essential)
- CAD Schematic layout (essential)
- CAD PCB design (essential)
- Experience of Cadence OrCAD PCB design tools (essential)
- Fault finding (desirable)
- Assembler and/or embedded 'C' (desirable)
- Use of PAL/FPGA technologies (desirable)
- Linux (desirable)
- Good written and presentational communication skills will be required (essential).