Technical Sales Engineer
Technical Sales Engineer
Glasgow, Scotland (office/field based, with travel across client sites throughout Scotland)
Are you an engineering professional who wants to test their mettle? Looking to build on your sales experience and take on a new challenge as a Technical Sales Engineer? If so, read on.
Our client is an industrial engineering services group that provides turnkey engineering solutions to customers across the UK and Europe.
They are now seeking a Technical Sales Engineer to join their team on a full time basis.
- Salary of £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Company bonus
- Car allowance
- Death in service benefit
- Company benefits scheme
Our client owes almost everything to the hard work of their employees. With this in mind, you’ll be rewarded with ongoing mentoring and training enabling you to increase your experience, grow professionally, and reach your full potential.
So, if you’re ready to utilise your experience as you play a key part in the success of a leading company, our client wants to hear from you.
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will manage existing client relationships and develop new business throughout Scotland.
Participating in a structured mentoring programme, you will learn more about the machinery removal and installation market in order to provide quotations and detailed method statements for projects.
Your role will involve:
- Ensuring customer requirements are met whilst optimising commercial gain for the company
- Developing new business using business intelligence
- Assisting in the operational running of the branch when required
After ongoing training and mentoring, you will also:
- Complete site inspections and provide detailed method statements and risk assessments
- Provide both technical and operational support to meet the demands of Quality Standard procedures
- Maintain orderly and comprehensive job files and up to date completion of Synergist
- Ensure operatives are working safely and effectively to meet the demands of the project within the set time frames
- Present risk assessment method statements and toolbox talks to tradespeople and sub-contractors
Interested? To be considered as a Technical Sales Engineer, you will need:
- Experience of mechanical and electrical engineering within a manufacturing environment
- Sales experience, including developing accounts to maximise revenue opportunities
- The ability to critically evaluate customers and the products and/or services that they currently use and make suggestions for improvement and create value propositions
- Commercial awareness
- To be driven by success
Although not essential, familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) system(s), either proprietary or company specific, would be beneficial to your application. Knowledge of project management and/or scheduling systems would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Electrical Sales Engineer, Mechanical Sales Engineer, Technical Engineer, Field Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Senior Field Sales Technician, Technical Sales Executive, Field Engineer or Engineer.
Our client would also like to hear from you if you have worked as an Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Customer Account Manager, Client Account Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Representative, Sales Rep, Business Development Executive, BDE, CRM, or Client Relationship Manager.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Technical Sales Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.