C&I Field Instrument Technician x2
Position: C&I Field Instrument Technician x2
- Two full time positions for C&I Instrument technicians that will be predominantly field based and covering predominantly the North of England and other areas. These positions will require the technicians to work as part of the clients’ dedicated team and sometimes to work alone in some instances.
- The successful candidate will calibrate, service, commission, install/remove, fault find and repair a range of electronic and mechanical process control and measurement instrumentation.
- To liaise with the service co-ordinators to ensure that all spares, tools and paperwork is available to enable them to carry out their duties.
- To liaise with customers when required prior to executing the job to ensure full understanding of the nature of the job, customer expectations and also to advise estimated time of arrival and possible delays that may be anticipated.
- To adhere to site safety rules, permit to work and carry out risk assessments.
- To work to local and industry standard procedures and to comply with industry codes of practice and company quality management systems.
- To provide timely and accurate job reporting in accordance with company service report forms.
- When site work is not available the technicians will be required to attend the office to support the internal activities of their service business and at times other production areas of the company. There will be instances where certificates or other documentation will be needed to be completed which is normally completed in the office if there is no other work planned.
- The successful technician will need to have a flexible approach to their working activities and ideally flexible with regards to overtime should there be a need to satisfy a customer’s requirements which may also include overnight stays away from home.
- A good level of physical fitness would be beneficial as the work they carry out can physically demanding at times.
- Ideally qualified to ONC/HNC level preferably in instruments, electronics/electrical or control elements.
- Ideally will have completed a relevant instrumentation / process control apprenticeship.
- Have recent history of commissioning, servicing, calibrating a range of mechanical and electrical process instrumentation.
- Experience of the use of calibration equipment, Beamex preferably and the Beamex CMX calibration system.
- An electrical background or ideally qualifications would be beneficial.
- Provide problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- To be highly self-motivated and have the ability to on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to work activities.
- Excellent communication skills bother verbally and written.
- Have an ability to develop good working relationships with customer.
- Good organisational skills, excellent punctuality and timekeeping.
- Full UK driving license.
- Any previous qualifications such as confined space, Compex, IPAF or other specific instrument or site related qualifications would be an advantage. Training will be provided where required by the client.
- Working hours – standard 40 hours a week.
- Start and finish times when in the office will be confirmed before employment and agreed with line manager.
- For days when technicians are on customer sites the working day starts from when they leave home to when they return home. Additional hours worked beyond the normal working day hours will be classed as overtime hours.
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- Company vehicle (van) with fuel card. Vehicle to be used for work purposes only and not for private mileage.
- Company credit card for business use only.
- Company pension scheme.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- 23 days holiday.
- Service business bonus scheme.
- Overnight stay bonus. £65.00 per night.
- All tooling and training provided where required.