Thermal Modelling Engineer
Thermal Modelling Engineer
About the Company
Our client is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They want to bring the very latest technologies and development methodologies to what is traditionally a slow industry. They’re now looking for a Thermal Modelling Engineer to join them and support the development of their aircraft.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of up to 5%
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
If you have experience of designing novel thermal systems, this is an exceptional opportunity to join a fresh-thinking organisation that lives and breathes innovation.
Within a collaborative and fast-paced environment, you will have the chance to help drive the success of an ambitious project that has the potential to transform the aviation industry as we know it.
As a Thermal Modelling Engineer, you will lead battery development and design for the thermal considerations of our client’s new aircraft.
In this important role, you will:
- Design thermal systems with performance, complexity and/or development trade-offs
- Complete thermal fault tree/safety analysis
- Carry out requirements capture, decomposition and traceability
- Help to develop the certification of the battery systems, primarily from a thermal position
- Carry out thermal modelling of the battery and other aircraft components
- Present complex system information in a clear, simple manner to all levels of the business
To be considered as a Thermal Modelling Engineer, you will need:
- Previous experience of designing novel thermal systems
- Experience with battery systems
- Knowledge of software and hardware engineering practices
- An understanding of the thermal systems that make up a battery pack
- Proficiency in MATLAB Simulink, STARCCM+ or comparable software
- Experience of communicating with senior management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline (or equivalent), ideally a Master’s or PhD
Experience of the following would be beneficial: aerospace standards, building and testing comparable thermal systems, data analysis or modelling non-battery thermal systems such as motors, creating equivalent circuit models in MATLAB Simulink or auxiliary components. An understanding of machine learning techniques would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Thermal Systems Engineer, Thermal Systems Design Engineer, Thermal Engineer, Design Engineer, Modelling Engineer, Battery Systems Engineer or Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Thermal Modelling Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.