Training Manager – Engineering
Training Manager – Engineering
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
Due to expansion, we’re now looking for a Training Manager to lead and develop our technical training portfolio to support the development of engineers and their organisations.
As the Training Manager, you will lead the design and management of a variety of training portfolios. Our programmes are designed to support engineers in improving their skills, enhancing their career prospects and making an impact in the organisations they work for.
In this brand-new role, you will drive the development of our technical training portfolio whilst managing a group of trainers and training portfolios. You will focus on identifying gaps, commissioning new programmes and project managing the delivery of solutions to customers.
You will inherit a suite of existing established portfolios to optimise, but the critical success of your role will be identifying new opportunities and successfully bringing them to market.
Additionally, you will:
- Liaise with the commercial team to market new and existing programmes in order to grow revenue whilst maintaining our brand reputation
- Work across training programmes that support the development of skills in apprentices, graduates and new and experienced engineers
- Research new and existing markets and sectors for new training
- Manage existing and new suppliers under the terms of their contract
- Project manage larger scale projects to ensure quality standards and deadlines are achieved
There is some scope for the post holder to design and deliver training directly, although this is not an essential requirement.
To be considered as a Training Operations Manager, you will need:
- To be knowledgeable in engineering with proven experience of working within a training function
- The ability to demonstrate a broad range of engineering knowledge
- Knowledge of blended learning techniques and training best practice
- The ability to analyse opportunities and identify gaps in a flexible work environment
A degree and a balance of business and engineering skills would be beneficial to your application. Knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy and awarding body structures such as EAL/City & Guilds would be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Technical Programme Manager, Training Programme Manager, Training Portfolio Manager, Training Manager, L&D Manager, Learning and Development Manager, Engineering Training Manager or Training Project Manager.
- Salary of circa £45,000
- Annual performance related bonus
- Stakeholder pension scheme (employer matches contribution up to 10% of salary)
- Access to BUPA private medical insurance and Medicash Cash Back Plan
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and a day off for your birthday
- A range of benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working
- Discounted meals at the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Free membership of the Institution and professional membership subscription for employees
This is the ideal role for an experienced technical training professional with an in-depth understanding of engineering. This new role will lead the development of new portfolios, manage existing portfolios and work with a variety of stakeholders to ensure our offering is industry leading.
We’re a globally known organisation and you’ll be playing a vital role in the set-up and delivery of a significant portion of our training offering.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
Webrecruit and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you could take your career to the next level as a Training Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.