Assistant Engineering Manager
Are you an Assistant Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager or Engineering Team Manager at the top of your game?
Working alongside the Engineering Manager as part of our manufacturing management team, you’ll engage and motivate a skilled team of 24 colleagues, utilising root cause analysis to identify and prioritise corrective, preventative, predictive and mitigating actions.
Here at our Bristol Bakery, the home of the Bagel, the team are dedicated to delivering unbeatable quality in a safe manner. We are proud to be leading and developing a team at the cutting edge of engineering innovation.
As “Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand” we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top Best Big Companies’ to work for over a number of years. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
We’re going on a journey of innovation and of continuous improvement whilst working on a changing approach to reliability centred maintenance.
Our Engineering teams are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we’re looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire a team whilst recognising successes and rewarding that along the way. We take pride in keeping our people and customer’s safe, so you’ll play a key role in ensuring work is conducted in accordance with our stringent health and safety requirements. As an Assistant Engineering Manager you’ll also be responsible for monitoring the budget and playing a part with the formation of revenue and capital budgets and plans.
Passionate about our people you too will want to engage and develop your team driving together for results. People are our most precious ingredient so along with your technical focus, you will have a passion for people development as well as a hunger for working collaboratively with your colleagues to drive the success of our site.
- You’ll have previous experience of managing a team of Engineers, leading by example
- Previous experience of electrical control systems, automation and Allen Bradley or Siemens S7
- A strong mechanical background with electrical multi-skilled experience
- You’ll be able to deploy and execute a reliability centred asset care strategy
- Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- Have experience of COSHH & HACCP, with a working knowledge of H&S audits and processes
- Possess an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC, BTECH or equivalent
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread’s worth;
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, bike to work scheme