Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Cobham Aviation Services UK has recently been awarded a contract for the design and development of a range of operational training electronic warfare pods by the MoD on behalf of NATO. This will provide realistic training in EW to the member countries, in order to be able to operate in a real time situation. Based in Bournemouth Airport, CAVs UK is actively recruiting for Mechanical Development Engineer This is an exciting opportunity for engineers looking to build on their current experience in an interesting and challenging area.
We currently have a requirement for a Senior Hardware Design Engineer. As the Senior Hardware Design Engineer you will be responsible for applying discipline domain expertise to the design, development and delivery new products processes and technologies. The Senior Hardware Design Engineer will typically be part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) and will contribute to the performance of the IPT to ensure that the performance expectations are met or exceeded. The Senior Hardware Design Engineer shall employ the appropriate discipline processes, practices and tools to ensure that responsibilities are completed to meet the required project requirements and discipline quality.
Ability to work in compliance with the required standards, processes and practices (e.g. Life Cycle Management, Standard Operating Framework for Engineering and ITAR). The Senior Hardware Design Engineer will be expected to take ownership of hardware design for electronic boards and sub-systems, specifying COTS boards and sub-systems, specifying suppliers design requirements, high speed interfacing, power supply, cooling design to meet system environmental requirements. Interfacing with firmware, software, electro mechanical design engineers.
The prime location is the Cobham Aviation Services facility located at Christchurch, Dorset
As the Senior Hardware Design Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Design experience in most of the following areas:
- Analogue, Digital and power supply Electronics design
- RF and wideband amplifier and antenna Systems
- Experience in designing production electronics boards with complex high speed interfaces.
- Experience in design & development lifecycle from concept and requirements capture, system architecture, design specification, ICDs to system integration, verification and liaising with production.
- Experience in design tools such as: OrCAD, PSpice, Word, Excel, visio.
- Experience in electronics technology and interfaces such as, RF Up/down conversion, wideband ADC DAC, Ethernet 1G/10G, PCIexpress, RS232/422, UART, SPI, I2C, etc
- Experience in meeting some of the following domain specific standard/requirements: ILS, Security, EMC, LVDS, TEMPEST, DO-254, DO-160
- Conduction cooled VPX electronics sub-systems. VPX VITA Standards.
- Firmware FPGA design and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience in design tools such as: Matlab/Simulink, FPGA Design Suite, Configuration control tools.
- Experience in Electronic warfare (Radar, Communications systems) eg. ECM, ESM, RWR, DF system specification and/or design.
- Experience of working with platform integration and design airborne systems certification engineers.
- Working within a quality management system such as ISO9001, AS9100
As the Senior Hardware Design Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Application of discipline domain knowledge to the design, development and delivery of new products, processes and technologies on time, within budget and with required quality.
- Continued development of discipline competence and expertise.
- Application of, and compliance with, engineering processes and practices including engineering framework, LCM and regulatory requirements.
- Identification of opportunities for improvement in discipline processes, practices and tools.
- Collaboration with other project team members to address project requirements.
- Collaboration with discipline peers within the team, BU and company to share and learn best practise.
- Discipline expertise:
Cobham Aviation Services UK
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.