Plant / Workshop Manager
Plant / Workshop Manager
Tees Road, Hartlepool, County Durham
As a market leader in marine decommissioning, our client operates a number of ports and is a major land owner and developer functioning across the North of England. They have recently welcomed the second Shell Brent platform to their Seaton Port in Hartlepool.
Our client is seeking to develop a new 240-acre facility which would initially provide two adjacent offshore wind installation bases. Our client’s port was the facility selected for the installation of the foundation package for the Hornsea One offshore wind farm, and from September 2020 it will undertake the same role for the Triton Knoll turbine package.
Due to ongoing growth, our client is now seeking an experienced Plant / Workshop Manager to join their team in Hartlepool.
- Highly competitive salary
- 21 days’ holiday per annum plus public holidays (rising to 25 with service)
- Competitive benefits package DOE
- Join the company at an exciting time of growth
If you’re a plant professional with impressive management experience, this is a great opportunity to utilise your expertise with an ambitious and successful organisation.
Our client knows their success is down to the commitment of those they employ. They are always on the lookout for those who believe in their strong values of hard work, common sense and discipline to share their success and grow as the company does.
So, if you want to embark on a new challenge and contribute to our client’s vision of obtaining full economic potential, they want to hear from you.
As a Plant / Workshop Manager, you will effectively lead and oversee a team of multi-skilled operators and maintenance engineers.
Your role will involve:
- Managing the plant, equipment and operators
- Maintaining road vehicles
- Advising senior management on either the purchase or sale of plant machinery
- Ensuring the plant and equipment service is provided to the group as required
- Internal cost allocation and management
To be considered as a Plant / Workshop Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working within a plant environment
- Management experience (ideally gained within plant services)
- Repairs experience
- Experience of managing a team of multi-skilled operators and maintenance engineers
- Strong communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Plant Manager, Plant Operations Manager, Production Manager, Port Production Manager, Site Manager, Workshop Manager, Workshop Production Manager or Plant Services Manager.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to join our client as a Plant / Workshop Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.