Senior Project Officer / Project Manager – Construction
Job Title: Senior Project Officer
Location: Stonegravels Lane, Chesterfield
Salary: £31,371- £32,878 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 8th September 2019
This local council has a great opportunity for a Senior Project Officer to join their Capital Works team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for arranging major improvement work projects whilst ensuring health and safety compliance is maintained at all times along with management of Technical Staff.
Previous experience of managing staff and project management skills are essential in addition to having a good working knowledge of technical issues concerning housing maintenance and construction.
The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure as well as good leadership and organisational skills are required.
Applicants will need a full driving licence as this role involves travel to other sites.
The Council is an excellent employer with rewarding conditions of service which include generous leave entitlement, local government pension scheme as well as many other benefits.
Working in local government is a highly satisfying and rewarding experience in so many ways. In return for the contribution you’ll make to our local community, you’ll enjoy an excellent range of benefits and the possibility of flexible working options, plus learning and development opportunities which will offer you the chance to progress your career further.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Good working knowledge of technical issues concerning housing maintenance and construction
* Good understanding and ability to use ICT products
* Able to demonstrate knowledge of health and safety legislation and guidance as it relates to housing maintenance
* Able to demonstrate leadership and staff management skills
* Ability to adhere to challenging targets
* Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise
* Good interpersonal skills
* Knowledge and practice of Local Housing Policies
* Trade related qualification (City & Guilds/NVQ etc.)
* Full Driving Licence
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Organisational Development, Policy Division, Project Officer, Policy Officer, Project Coordinator, Project Planner, Project Coordinator, Project Management, Public Sector Project Management, Programme Manager, Programme Management, Budget Controller, Asset Management, Business Process Project Manager, Construction Manager, Civil Engineer, Engineering Manager, Site Manager or Commercial Project Manager may also be considered for this role.