Senior Flight Controls Engineer
Senior Flight Controls Engineer
Our client is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They’re looking for a Senior Flight Controls Engineer to focus on the development, integration and certification of flight control laws for our vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft.
You will work with their suppliers and in-house engineers to ensure an optimised integrated system, bringing best practice and innovation to play in this fast-paced design and build environment.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Lead the design, development and validation of bespoke flight control laws for novel aircraft configurations.
- Showing compliance of designs to relevant aerospace standards.
- Engage effectively across related disciplines to ensure quality and robust design solutions that are understood by people with varied technical backgrounds.
- Guide and mentor junior team members.
- Manage relationships and work closely with partners and suppliers of hardware, software and technical services.
- Support the Test team as required to explore and validate technical solutions.
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in Aeronautical, Mechanical, Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of aircraft control, stability and handling qualities.
- Significant demonstrable experience working on flight control aspects of aircraft programmes.
- Experience tuning and optimising control systems.
- Ability to apply your experience to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics.
- Good supporting knowledge of aerodynamics, flight characteristics and sensor technology.
- Knowledge of how to interpret aircraft certification requirements and show compliance to them.
- Understanding of the role of simulation in fast-paced engineering programmes.
- Familiarity with the requirements of ground and flight testing.
- Passionate about technology and thrive in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is essential.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multirotors.
- Direct involvement in flight test programmes.
- Previously held roles of responsibility for aircraft certification e.g. CVE within an aerospace DOA.
- A good supporting knowledge of software development and software integration.
- Significant experience with Matlab/Simulink.
- Commitment to professional development.
Please note, the closing date for applications is the 6th September 2019.
To apply for the role of Senior Flight Controls Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Flight Controls Engineer, Flight Controls Engineer, Aerodynamics Engineer, Flight Test Engineer, Senior Flight Controls Mechanic, Senior Aerodynamics Engineer, Flight System Engineer, Aircraft Engineer, Aeronautical Engineer.