Principal Flight Dynamics Engineer
Principal Flight Dynamics Engineer
Our client is building technology to revolutionise how people fly. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They’re looking for a Principle Flight Dynamics Engineer to help guide the design and certification of our vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft.
You will combine an in-depth knowledge of aircraft flight characteristics with an enthusiasm for innovation and technology. You will work with their in-house engineers and suppliers in delivering unconventional aircraft to meet challenging performance specifications. You will also play a key role in helping to define certification strategy and developing standards for the emerging VTOL class of aircraft.
The ideal candidate will have experience of complex novel aircraft designs, the full aircraft certification lifecycle and liaising first-hand with the authorities.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Developing strategies and processes for the design, verification and validation of air vehicles and associated sub-systems
- Implementing emerging technology in robust design and analysis processes
- Demonstrating compliance of novel designs to emerging aerospace specifications
- Approving data and documents showing compliance of designs to relevant aerospace specifications
- Leading multi-disciplinary activities to develop aircraft level integration of concepts and design solutions
- Developing verification and validation strategy development and testing solutions
- Taking ownership of programmes of work
- Guiding and mentoring junior team members
- Specification of flight test requirements
- Managing relationships with partners and suppliers of hardware, software and technical services
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Significant demonstrable experience working on flight physics topics in an industrial environment
- Demonstratable capability of delivery in a complex technical environment
- Expert knowledge of air vehicle flight characteristics
- Good knowledge of aeroacoustics, aerodynamics, flight loads, flight control and handling qualities
- Good knowledge of processes and requirements relevant to the certification of aircraft
- Ability to apply your knowledge to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics
- Familiar with the advantages and limitations of various test and analysis techniques
- Understanding of the role of simulation in fast-paced engineering programmes
- Passionate about technology and thrive in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is essential
- Ability to communicate complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences
- Fluent in spoken and written English language
- Previously held a position of responsibility for certification activities in an approved aircraft design organisation (e.g. CVE)
- Direct involvement in flight test programmes
- Experience working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multi-rotors
- Hands-on experience with aerodynamic testing
- Commitment to professional development
The closing date for this role is the 6th September 2019.
To apply for the role of Principal Flight Dynamics Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Principal Flight Dynamics Engineer, Flight Dynamics Engineer, Aeronautical Engineer, Lead Flight Dynamics Engineer, Principal Aircraft Development Engineer, Principal Aircraft Engineer, Aircraft Aerodynamics Engineer, Principal Aircraft Design Engineer.