Occupational Safety Assessor / Health and Safety Specialist
Job Title: Occupational Safety Assessor / Specialist
Location: Risley, Warrington
Salary: £38,040 - £53,026 dependent on qualifications and experience.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
The company are responsible for safely delivering Decommissioning, Reprocessing and Nuclear Waste Management activities on behalf of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.
The Company has been nearly 80 years in the making. A pioneer for the UK’s nuclear industry, it supported national defence, generated electricity for nearly half a century, and developed the ability to safely manage nuclear waste.
Today, the site covers 6 square kilometres and is home to more than 200 nuclear facilities and the largest inventory of untreated nuclear waste in the world.
They are looking for a small number of occupational health and safety professionals to join the professional occupational safety engineering team, providing a service to design engineering and projects.
Both the occupational safety assessor and occupational safety specialist positions are to be based within the Warrington offices.
* To provide occupational safety advice throughout the design process from conception to completed build and support operational or decommissioning projects
* To chair and facilitate the HAZCON and SHERA processes to support project delivery
* To provide occupational safety input into design safety cases
* To advise on suitable occupational safety engineering for the protection of operators
* Development of occupational safety strategies for both new and existing structures, including plant modifications and proactively work with design teams to identify, eliminate or manage conventional risks
* Relevant science or engineering degree
* NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent
* Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
* Must be able to apply occupational safety requirements in the context of design and engineering
* A good understanding of nuclear safety cases and nuclear safety assessment
* Good report writing, written communication and presentation skills
* Able to provide practical occupational safety solutions for design and engineering
* In-depth knowledge of occupational safety principles, legislation and their interpretation and application to design and engineering
* Computer literacy including some knowledge of word processing and database packages preferably Microsoft applications
* Good communication skills
* Mathematical skills
* Capable of reading technical and engineering drawings and engineering flow diagrams
* Taking minutes and contributing to hazard studies and safety committees
* Preparing safety training and safety documentation
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with relevant experience or job titles of; Health & Safety Advisor, Occupational Health and Safety Assessor, H & S Advisor, Health & Safety Officer, Environmental Safety Officer, SHEQ Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Coordinator, SHEQ Officer, SHEQ Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, Inspection & Audit Officer, HSQE Supervisor, H&S Specialist, Health and Safety Adviser, Health and Safety Officer, Health and Safety Manager, SHE Officer, Health and Safety Risk Assessor will be considered for this role.