Up to £50,000 per annum
EA Technology are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to build processes, controls and reporting systems to ensure the efficient and effective management of the Company’s finances and compliance with statutory requirements.
Reporting to the CFO, this position will be responsible for all financial reporting for the UK and international subsidiaries. You will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Financial Accounting team and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of reporting on a monthly basis.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
- Timely completion, consolidation, overview and management of month-end processes
- Management and review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Produce all necessary statements and reports to enable the accurate measurement of cash flow, profit and loss, stock and debtors etc
- Preparation and consolidation of management accounts
- Management and preparation of statutory accounts
- Lead year-end audit, fulfilling all auditor requests with no significant management points
- Preparation of tax and VAT returns
- Responsibility for all HMRC compliance activities
- Ensure a consistent approach is provided across all areas of the business to deliver and measure performance
- Ensure an appropriate internal control framework is in place
- Continually striving for new methods of working to ensure operational excellence
The Financial Controller will be expected to develop and implement robust controls and processes to ensure best practice and will support the day to day finance needs of the group and ensure key reporting deadlines are met.
This will be a very hands-on role with responsibility for a transactional team, in addition to finance contacts based overseas. The ability to motivate and lead will be essential as you will be expected to resolve issues to ensure the accuracy of financial information.
- A qualified accountant, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Statutory accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of current financial legislation
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing financial control systems and processes
- Experience of analysing company financial data
- Strong background in managing month and year end processes
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Team leader experience and excellent people management capabilities
- Self-motivated with ability to manage own workload
- Committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- High attention to detail and accuracy, proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
To apply for the role of Financial Controller, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Financial Controller, Finance Controller, Financial Manager, Finance Manager, Qualified Accountant, Accountant, Finance, Accounts, Accountancy.