Electrical Design Engineer
A brand-new Electrical Design Engineer position has opened at a worldwide technology leader within the complex electromechanical machinery sector based in Oxford. Being an instrumental part of a multi-disciplined engineering department, the Electrical Design Engineer will design and develop machine accessories within the Engineering team.
The company have a very strong focus on developing their workforce in every way they can! This is a growing UK based business that offers you the chance to not only work on cutting edge electro-mechanical products, but also to improve your personal and professional development!
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be tasked upon the following:
- Works in conjunction with mechanical & automation engineering and Research and Development, in the development of current machines, and the design of new machines with particular focus on all aspects of electrical design
- Project manages with hands-on ownership of all aspects of prototype developments, from detailed design through to final validation
- Ensure all prototypes are designed and built to the correct/desired electrical standard and are validated for use
Electrical Design Engineer requirements
- 5+ years in electrical design role
- Experience in machine design and development
- Experience with industry machinery within a technical environment
- Strong design package, ideally Solidworks Electrical design capabilities
- Wide development experience, with ideally exposure to all aspects of supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release
- BOM creation and management
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and demonstrate excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills, between multiple projects
- Electrical and/or Engineering Degree beneficial