Fleet Engineer – HGV / Tankers
Fleet Engineer – HGV / Tankers
Field/Depot Based (either travelling across various depots or based from one)
Our client is an innovative, global logistics business with operational centres in Europe, North and South America, the Middle East and Asia.
Focusing on the chemical, gas, fuel and foodstuff sectors, they boast two operating divisions and offer a complete range of tanker and support services to provide best value for money and outstanding solutions to their customer base.
They are now looking for a Fleet Engineer to take on a new role and join their team working out of one depot or operating in a roving capacity across several.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays
- Free parking
If you are a highly skilled and qualified vehicle or road tanker engineer with HGV fleet engineering experience, this is the ideal role in which to develop your career and experience levels and play a vital role in the maintenance of a market leading tanker fleet.
Having increased their revenue by 40% in the last two years and invested over £30 million in equipment and systems, our client is perfectly placed to continue to develop and grow in their chosen markets.
You’ll find that our client’s priority and passion is to ensure they have the best people on board as they move forwards and they know that to achieve their ambitious goals, they need only the most exceptional and talented. And that’s where you come in.
Our client will support you with training and development opportunities, reward your achievements and successes and ensure that you are equipped to fulfil your potential and support the success of the company.
As the Fleet Engineer, you will be tasked with supporting our client’s road tanker fleet to deliver engineering solutions, support operations and assist with delivering on customer requirements and commitments.
Specifically, you will support the continual improvement of operational safety and compliance, maintenance and repair standards, equipment specification and cost management across all tanker needs.
Your role will also include:
- Providing advice and support to minimise VOR time
- Managing internal and external repair colleagues and partners to ensure compliance with safety and legal standards
- Assisting with day-to-day maintenance issues and major repairs
- Providing an emergency response support service
- Approving repair costs to support cost control activities
- Investigating incidents and accidents, producing reports and close-outs
To be considered as the Fleet Engineer, you will need:
- At least ten years’ experience in vehicle or road tanker engineering maintenance and repair
- HGV fleet engineering experience
- Experience in supplier management and cost control
- To be a qualified motor vehicle technician
- A high level of understanding of legal compliance and standards of roadworthiness
- A strong understanding and awareness of health and safety
- An understanding and awareness of ADR requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- A full, valid driving licence
Previous supervisory experience would be an advantage to your application. An LGV and/or ADR licence would also be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role HGV Engineer, Tanker Fleet Engineer, Fleet Maintenance Engineer, HGV Maintenance Engineer, Fleet Support Engineer, Vehicle Fleet Engineer, Senior Mechanic, Senior Fleet Mechanic, or Senior HGV Mechanic.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to take your next step as a Fleet Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.