ISO Workshop Controller
ISO Workshop Controller
Our client is an innovative, global logistics business with operational centres in Europe, North and South America, the Middle East and Asia.
Focusing on the chemical, gas, fuel and foodstuff sectors, they boast two operating divisions and offer a complete range of tanker and support services to provide best value for money and outstanding solutions to their customer base.
They’re now looking for an ISO Workshop Controller to lead their workshop team and support the delivery of high quality services.
- Competitive salary
- BUPA healthcare
- 33 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays
- Free parking
If you are a high calibre workshop manager with a great personnel management style, this is the ideal role in which to consolidate your expertise and deliver an outstanding vehicle and fleet maintenance service.
You’ll lead UK maintenance operations and play a vital role in maintaining profitability and delivering services. This role represents a superb chance to expand your management skills and take your career to the next level with an international company.
What’s more, our client has invested over £30 million in equipment and systems over the past two years meaning you will be dealing with the highest quality processes and will be equipped to deliver on your targets.
As theISO Workshop Controller, you will be tasked with leading teams within our client’s workshop to ensure that the maintenance facilities for the UK tanker division are second-to-none and support high standards and roadworthiness.
The ISO Workshop Controller will be responsible for all works carried out at the workshop facility in Widnes. This will include the repair, modification, refurbishment, maintenance and testing of a large Global fleet of ISO tank containers, drums and packages.
You’ll make sure that all team members have a great relationship with the company and one another and that continual improvement activities are sought and developed to support our client’s company objectives. Working with individual Workshop Supervisors and Team Leaders, you will ensure processes are in place to support team members and training is delivered to improve services and profitability.
Your role will also involve:
- Executing maintenance activities to the agreed cost
- Overseeing cost controls to effectively manage the cost of services
- Delivering on SLAs and completing associated reporting
- Ensuring legal compliance within the workshop operations
- Assisting with the management of profit and loss for fleet maintenance
- Building positive relationships with customer and suppliers
- Monitoring contractor and supplier performance
To be considered as the ISO Workshop Controller, you will need:
- Previous and proven experience of managing a successful logistics and/or HGV workshop
- Experience of managing a team
- Expert knowledge of road transport legislation and fleet related health and safety legislation
- A formal and/or relevant qualification in LGV maintenance CPC such as an HNC or City & Guilds
- Gravitas with the confidence to effectively manage
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Road tanker vessel maintenance and testing experience would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Workshop Manager, Vehicle Maintenance Manager, Workshop Operations Manager, Vehicle Operations Manager, Logistics Maintenance Manager, Fleet Maintenance Manager, or Fleet Maintenance Operations Manager.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next challenge as our client’sISO Workshop Controller, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.