Senior Environmental Engineer
Job Title: Senior Environmental Engineer (U.K)
Location: Can be based in any of their UK offices
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is an independent, integrated safety, environment and engineering consultancy, and was established in 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland. Since then, the firm has grown to employ 40 motivated engineers, scientists and supporting professionals across the U.K. They have regional offices in: Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Inverness and Middlesbrough.
A positive place to work, they aim to implement the motto ‘See a Difference’ in everything that they do.
The company are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer to join their growing team, with the potential to work from any of their U.K. offices. There is the potential to progress to Principal Environmental Engineer for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will posses an Honours or Masters Degree in Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Civil or Environmental Engineering (or similar) and have a have a full U.K. driving licence with clean driver record. Professional chartership(s) would be viewed favourably.
The ideal candidate will have experience with regards to one or more of the following areas/disciplines, preferably in a consultancy role:
* Environmental permitting (e.g. Industrial Emissions Directive, via PPC/EPR/IPC) and associated regulator liaison (e.g. SEPA, EA, NIEA, EPA)
* Environmental licencing (e.g. Water Framework Directive, via CAR) and associated regulator liaison
* Environmental noise assessment/support for industrial and commercial facilities (via BS 4142) and construction sites
* Specifying water and air pollution control strategies/technologies with reference to the principles of BAT
* Water management to include water efficiency auditing of industrial and commercial facilities
* Air quality to include air quality impact assessment via D1, H1 and/or via the CERC (e.g. ADMS) suite of software
* Hydrology to include flood risk assessment
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes with growth opportunities. They support career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations. For the right candidate, the opportunity exists to work towards becoming a shareholder of the firm.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements. Potential candidates are requested to provide an indication of their salary expectations and confirm which office(s) they would consider working from.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Environmental Consultant, Senior Consultant, Process Engineer, Engineer Consultant, Chemical Engineer, Environmental Advisor, Environmental Coordinator or similar may also be considered for this role.