Dual Fuel Engineer - London and South
Dual Fuel Engineer - London and South
Field Based - SS, E, N, W, NW, SE, SW, ME, WD, RH, CM, CO, SG, TW, LU, EN, MK, RM, W, UB, BN, GU, IP, PE, RG, SO, SM, TN
- £29,250 base salary
- Performance and Safety Based Bonus
- Industry Leading Benefits
- Loads of Additional Perks (London Weighting applied if applicable)
Flexible Working Opportunities Available
Tell me about the company
Our client is a new arm of a leading energy group and was formed from a collection of companies, capabilities and ideas. Their purpose is to drive the transition to a decarbonised energy system powered by 100% renewable generation, providing a safe and sustainable environment for future generations. Our client plans to achieve this using their unique combination of capabilities: i) an intelligent technology platform that can control the energy demand from numerous connected devices, enabling rapid response to the needs of the grid, ii) designing and producing a range of connected devices capable of responding to these signals and iii) having a team of field force installers who can install a range of devices at scale. Their initial focus is on the move to electrification of vehicles and heat, with their smart EV chargers, V2G chargers and intelligent electric heating controls being rolled out to customers across the UK.
Where in the organisation will I be working?
Our client operates a dynamic Field Force to deliver a Smart Meter deployment programme across the UK. They're looking for Dual Fuel Engineers in a number of locations to join their team of 150+ engineers across the UK. Their aim is to help customers manage their energy usage and to support the UK's drive to reduce carbon emissions.
As well as supporting the Smart Meter mandate, our client is developing their team of Smart Meter installers to support exciting new products which will help customers improve their home’s energy efficiency and in home experience. As part of an initiative launched in 2018, 10% of the workforce have received further training and qualifications and are now able to fit exciting new products such as their electric vehicle charge points.
What will I be doing?
Our client’s Dual Fuel Engineers will focus on delivering high level, high quality Smart Meter installations, whilst also delivering a best-in-industry customer service by helping customers make the most of their new technology and providing knowledge and expertise on becoming more energy efficient.
Do I have what it takes?
Our client is looking for experienced Dual Fuel Engineers with:
- Dual fuel smart metering experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage customer relationships and service to a high level
- CMA1/CCN1, REGT1, MET1 and MET2 with relevant gas engineering experience
- MET4 isn't essential but preferable
- MOCOPA 1a and 1c would also be preferred, although training can be provided
- An understanding of industry governance and compliance
- Focus on developing your technical and personal skills to achieve your optimum performance
- Understanding of, and ability to advise customers of the benefits of Smart Meters and relating to new energy consumption information
- Mentoring skills to support new and developing members of the team
- A desire to find new ways to achieve smart meter installation best practice, sharing ideas proactively to achieve high efficiency and outstanding customer experience
- Willingness to cover emergencies, helping teammates with problem jobs, being flexible and open to change, particularly during the continued growth of the business
- A proactive approach to pre visit customer communication, and utilise strong technical skills to deliver exceptional first fit levels
- Ability to use simple and intuitive software to complete your role
- A current full UK driving licence is required
Our client celebrates diversity and values equal opportunity; the more inclusive they are, the better their work will be. They want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and they decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
To apply for the role of Dual Fuel Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Dual Fuel Engineer, Smart Meter Engineer, Smart Meter Technician, Smart Meter Installation Engineer, Smart Meter Specialist, Energy Engineer, Gas Installation Engineer, Gas Safe Engineer.