1st Line Support Engineer
1st Line Support Engineer
£20,000 to £22,000 plus benefits - bonus, private healthcare (incl dental), life insurance, critical illness insurance, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, holiday reward scheme and many more.
Our client is a family founded, fast-growing, multi-award-winning company providing managed hosting and cloud services to businesses and government. Their mission is to be the cloud partner of choice, they are customer focused and strive to deliver exceptional service, robust security and leading-edge technology.
Although founded in 2002, our client pursues a start-up mentality to ensure they remain current in a highly competitive marketspace. They offer an extremely friendly environment, where you will be technically and professionally challenged, while being supported by the wider team around you. They provide their team members with a solid benefits package and are focused on training to help grow and develop both individuals and teams.
Our client isnow looking for a 1st Line Support Engineer to provide technical support with the potential for a career progression. The company offers extensive in-house training, as well as assistance with exams/qualifications, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing top quality ticket and phone based technical support to direct customers
- Provisioning servers for customers and assisting with customer backups
- Taking part in a 24/7 on call rota (with compensation)
- Troubleshooting hardware/network/software problems
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking and internet protocols
- Windows/Linux or both (server setup and configuration)
- A degree level qualification in science, maths, engineering or technology, or ability to demonstrate relevant IT experience
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as good problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with some webhosting software would be beneficial but not essential - Apache, cPanel, IIS
Although not essential, a full UK driving licence would be desirable; in addition, a qualification such as MCSE/LPI/RHCT/RHCE would be advantageous to your application.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a basic DBS check (formerly CRB check).
Unit 87, Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB
To apply for the role of 1st Line Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: 1st Line Support Engineer, Technical Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, Service Desk Analyst, Service Desk Technician, Helpdesk Analyst, IT Helpdesk Technician, IT.