- Full Time
Are you a Project Engineer on top of your game and looking for a new challenge?
Working alongside the Head of Project Engineering you’ll lead and manage a variety of engineering projects, ensuring all agreed standards are delivered on time and on budget. Our Project Engineers are Industry experts who build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Here at our Head Office in Bolton, the Engineering Team is dedicated to executing all Engineering projects across our significant product range, throughout our bakery network across the Warburtons business and are proud of having their finger on the pulse of every new & innovative investment we develop.
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 11 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us for a number of years as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values is what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Our Project Engineers are responsible for the delivery of all agreed engineering projects on time, to agreed standards and on budget ensuring that Continuous Improvement is embedded every time.
As a Project Engineer you will be experienced in people management and leadership, coaching and influencing the site teams to enable the very best support for the project and a clear understanding of new processes and technology.
You will also be sourcing and managing our supplier relationships therefore you will be experienced in the negotiation and purchase of plant items and machinery for major projects. Working with our SAP system you will also ensure that our supplier agreements are managed effectively.
Health & Safety comes first in everything we do and your role will drive that focus to Health and Safety, legislation and company standards in all project work as a priority. You will also be responsible to identify and instigate Food Safety and energy usage improvements within your area of responsibility.
Although not essential, knowledge and experience of bakery industry along with Health & Safety legislation will be an advantage for the ideal candidate.
- You will have significant experience as a Project Engineer ideally gained in a multisite manufacturing and distribution within FMCG environment.
- You must be a time served Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering apprentice.
- Broad Experience of systems; knowledge of SAP would be preferable.
- Working knowledge of CAD.
- Ability to read drawings and interpret designs correctly.
- Be involved in problem solving and “trouble shooting” when appropriate.
- Experienced in RCA.
- Provide accurate and concise Ghant charts with milestones and target dates – critical path planning.
- Ability to be flexible and change direction as and when necessary to suit the needs of the business.
- Awareness of Food Industry Technology improvements and apply to projects as applicable to drive efficiency improvements and ensure Best Practice.
- Be influential, articulate and persuasive, a relationship builder- establishing credibility with both internal and external contacts at all levels.
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth.
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Company Car
- Life assurance
- Discount vouchers and products you’ll love
- Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, child care vouchers, ride to work