Joiner / Maintenance Operative Single Skilled
Job Title: Maintenance Operative - Joiner
Salary: £21,589 - £23,836 per annum
Job type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 27th October 2019
The Council’s Property Services & Facilities Management Team is looking for a Joiner to join their professional and friendly In-House Maintenance Team who carry out repairs and maintenance to the Council’s social housing and public buildings.
The work is varied as well as rewarding and will include providing assistance for colleagues as well as completing semi-skilled work independently
- Carry out maintenance and repair work as per works order specification
- Carry out reasonable allied duties as and when required
- Comply with requirements relating to vehicle use & maintenance
- Make full use of the Council’s multi-skilled agreement
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate that they can undertake Joinery repairs to a high standard and ideally have some other multi trade skills that they could bring to the team. Applicants will need to have the highest levels of customer care and have a cheerful and positive disposition. Experience of working in social housing or public buildings would be an advantage.
A full driving licence is required and the successful applicant will be required to provide an emergency repair service outside of office hours on a rota with other operatives.
The following is desirable but not essential:
- CSCS - Blue card or above, NVQ Level 2 or SVQ Level 2.
- Work experience in a Social Housing environment.
- Multi-skilled operative with experience of associated plastering, tiling and flooring
- Awareness of construction related legislation and practices
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be directed to the Council’s website to complete your application.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Trades Person, Multi Trade, Carpenter, Maintenance Operative, Trades, Woodcutter Joiner, Joinery Foreman, Finishing Joiner, Carpentry, Woodwork , Joinery Lead, Bench Joiner, Carpentry Trades, Carpenter, Multi-Trade, Joiner Tradesperson may also be considered for this role.