Chartered Surveyor – Insurance
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Surveyor / Engineer (Chartered) – Insurance
Location: Home Based
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
At The Company, they provide a quality reinstatement and repair service to both the insurance and property sectors via a panel of managed and vetted building contractors. They deal with a variety of insurance related property claims and provide exceptional customer service to their clients and customers.
They are looking for a Chartered Surveyor or Engineer to join their growing business.
Their Head Office is located at Moreton, Wirral, however the current vacancy is for a home working employee based within London and/or the surrounding counties.
This is an emerging role with development potential.
Within this role, you will be dealing with a mix of household and commercial property claims, operating at a high technical level completing inspections, managing projects and providing consultancy services with written reports on your findings.
You will be expected to manage a busy caseload and work to a high professional standard, providing excellent customer service (both written and telephone based); answering queries and providing assistance on the technical aspects of claims for property repair.
The role is home based, with travel required for site visits within the region. IT and survey equipment is provided, plus a benefits package and company car or cash in lieu.
Experience of defects diagnosis and reviewing schemes for building repair and their associated cost is essential; experience of insurance matters is preferable.
- Recognised surveying or engineering qualification with chartered status
- Detailed knowledge of the building’s pathology linked to repair and reinstatement of property damage and defects diagnosis
- A working knowledge of Insurance perils (Additional training provided where needed)
- I.T. Literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel. Should also be adaptable/receptive to new and changing technology
- Detailed knowledge of CDM & Party Wall Legislation
- Practical experience of standard contract forms such as JCT and others
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing with excellent report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- The ability to project presence and confidence
- Ability to add value to the business and contribute to both innovation and the pursuit of excellence
- Commitment and drive to work within targets/deadlines and to rigorous levels of quality on a self-propelled basis
- Reliable, well presented and ambitious
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent customer service skills within a professional setting
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload
What they offer in return:
- A basic salary of £45,000 to £55,000 depending on experience/qualifications for those who meet the above criteria
- Opportunity to earn a bonus via their discretionary bonus scheme
- Company car or cash in lieu
- Company Pension Scheme
They have a fantastic working environment with company funded social events, your birthday off and a friendly and supportive team.
Due to the nature of the role the company will not be offering sponsorship or relocation fees so candidates must already have the right to both live and work in the UK.
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter.
Candidates with experience of; Building Surveyor, Property Inspector, Building Engineer, Inspection Engineer, Property Engineer, Surveying Engineer, Property Surveyor, Property Inspection Clerk, Building Inspection Clerk, Claims Validation, Insurance Surveying, Property Inspection Engineer, Building Inspection Engineer would also be considered for this position.
Apply for Chartered Surveyor – Insurance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly