Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Abtech is a specialist supplier of electrical connection and lighting products worldwide. Through innovation, market-leading designs and rigorous testing, we deliver outstanding solutions and high-quality products every time.
We are now looking for a Draughtsperson to join us in Sheffield and support our global customer base with outstanding design solutions.
What We Offer:
- Salary of £21,000 - £23,000 per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Medical cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- 24 days’ holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working options
This is the ideal role for a technically minded design professional to take the next step in their career with a worldwide leader in lighting and electrical connections.
We’re seeking proactive, dependable, enthusiastic people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get involved in all aspects of our business. We believe in recognising those who go the extra mile and perform above and beyond and offer plenty of progression and development prospects for those who do.
Our environment is friendly and supportive, and we are committed to employee development and enabling our teams to be the best they can be. What’s more, we promote a flexible work ethic so that our people can maintain a positive work/life balance.
As a Draughtsperson, you will be tasked with developing high-quality, detailed design solutions that meet customers’ electrical and lighting needs.
Working alongside the Sales Team, you will establish customers’ requirements and create solutions that are fit for purpose and ensure their satisfaction.
Specifically, you will forge original designs and modify and improve existing ones using CAD and 2D/3D modelling tools, as well as providing technical expertise throughout the business as required.
Your role will also involve:
- Selecting the right materials and taking manufacturing into consideration
- Utilising corporate drawing standards
- Gaining design approval from the Director of Engineering
- Maintaining the drawings database
- Providing copies of existing designs when requested
To be considered as a Draughtsperson, you will need:
- At least one year’s experience using 2D or 3D computer aided design software
- Strong mechanical and technical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to envisage the finished product
- A strong team player mentality with the ability to work proactively on your own initiative
Other organisations may call this role Design Technician, CAD Technician, 2D CAD Technician, 3D CAD Technician, Design Engineer, Electrical Design Technician, Mechanical Design Technician, or CAD Draughtsperson.
The closing date for this role is the 9th October 2020.
Webrecruit and Abtech are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Draughtsperson, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.