Senior Building Control Surveyor – Council
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Building Control Surveyor
Salary: £37,890 - £40,876 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 5th November 2020
Are you looking for a challenge, and a diverse range of work? Do you want to work in an innovative, positive team that shapes and develops the places we live and work in? If so they would want to hear from you.
This team is part of the Council. They deliver planning services from a team which includes Highways Development Control, Ecology, Conservation, Healthy Spaces and Building Control. They deliver holistic and innovative solutions to all their customers. They are also visionaries in their field. The Company is the Midlands’ first public sector commercial planning, development and environmental consultancy who support developments through the regulation process, from the promotion of land to achieving consents, through to their safe completion on behalf of clients across the region including Shropshire, Cheshire and the wider Midlands. You will be based in Telford - a destination of vibrant places and experiences where people love to live, work and play.
Working in their highly innovative and motivated Building Control Team, you will be the technical lead on all Building Control matters and other allied legislation across the Borough under the overall guidance of the Building Control Manager.
* Responsible for coordination of quotes for potential work
* Responsible for allocation of building control applications
* Undertaking appraisals, considering the technical, financial, and planning implications of schemes
* Developing design proposals, which provide the optimum solution for the client in terms of compliance, siting, orientation, energy rating, internal arrangement, appearance, and cost
* Leading multi-disciplinary design teams to achieve Client/Council/regulatory objectives achieving compliance and are ensuring completed within budget
* The preparation of detailed reports on applications, successfully integrating building fabric with structure, services, and ICT in a cost effective and innovative way to comply with regulatory standards
* Liaising and negotiating with statutory and regulatory bodies Planning, Fire Officers and service utilities to ensure that the proposals comply with legislation including CDM and other health & safety legislation
* Assisting in the administration of applications including the development and negotiation of fees
* Promotion of service, and development of partnerships with construction sector
* Deputise for the Building Control Manager in their absence
* Advises Service Delivery Manager of progress of applications on a regular basis, seeking guidance as appropriate on major schemes
* Degree and a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors(Building Control) or Association of Building Engineers(Building Control)
* Level 6 Competency - LABC Fire Safety Specialist License to Practice’
* Evidence of continuing professional development
* Significant Experience of the conceptual and detail design of complex new build and refurbishment projects
* Significant Experience of working as part of and also leading multi-disciplinary project teams
* Experience in leading the development of policy
* Must have in-depth knowledge of Building Regulations, building construction and technology and allied building legislation and be able to devise technical solutions of a high standard
* Ability to examine plans and technical drawings for the full range of building projects for compliance with relevant regulations
* Able to interpret client requirements and devise innovative, practical solutions
* Ability to negotiate and persuade, external partners and other organisations concerning complex and large scale issues to achieve high quality sustainable and safe outcomes Good design and presentation skills are essential
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Property Surveyor, Building Control Manager, Planning & Building Control Manager, Building Compliance Manager, Senior Building Surveyor, Inspection Engineer, Property Engineer, Building Inspection Engineer, Building Control, Building Inspector, Property Services Manager, Construction Surveyor, RICS, CABE, CIOB may also be considered for this role