Senior or Principal Acoustic Consultant
Job Title: Senior or Principal Acoustic Consultant (U.K.)
Location: Can be based in any of their UK offices
Salary: £35,000-£50,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a consultancy offering safety, environment and engineering services since 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland. Since then the firm has grown to employ 50 motivated engineers, scientists and supporting professionals across the U.K from their regional offices in Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Inverness and Liverpool.
A positive place to work, they aim to implement the motto ‘See a Difference’ in everything they do.
The firm is seeking to recruit a Senior or Principal Acoustic Consultant to join their growing team, with the possibility of working from any of their U.K. offices (Glasgow is preferred).
You will primarily work from home in the short term, unless this is unavailable to you. You will be provided with all IT equipment and software/services require to facilitate your efficient home working. Long term arrangements will be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate – they’re a flexible employer and are willing to consider any arrangement that is desirable to you.
* Deliver acoustic consultancy projects unassisted
* Assist the firm with business development
* Prepare written technical reports to a high standard
* Liaise with clients, local authorities and regulators
* Prepare proposals and define project budgets
* Undertake project administration and management
* The ideal candidate will have an Honours or Master’s Degree in Acoustics (or similar)
* They will also have a full U.K. driving licence with a clean driver record
* Full membership of the Institute of Acoustics would be viewed favourably
Experience and competence in:
* Construction noise assessment and management plans to the BS 5228 standard
* Environmental noise impact assessment for industrial facilities to the BS 4142 standard
* Noise assessments to the BS 8233 standard
* Road traffic and railway noise impact assessments in support of planning applications
* Liaison with local authorities and the planning process
* UK noise policy and guidance, to include the PPC/EP regulatory regime
* Liaison with environmental regulators and the environmental permitting process
* Acoustic modelling
The following experience would also be viewed favourably:
* Industrial noise attenuation equipment solutions
* Windfarm noise impact assessments
Experience in other environmental disciplines, particularly air quality, would be viewed favourably. The opportunity to upskill will be available to the successful candidate.
You will also need to have a full U.K. driving licence and clean driver record
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes with growth opportunities. They support career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations. For the right candidate, the opportunity exists to work towards becoming a shareholder of the firm.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements.
Please note: Potential candidates are requested to provide an indication of your salary expectations and confirm which office(s) you would consider working from.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Acoustician, Principal Acoustic Consultant, Environmental Health Officer, Acoustic Impact Assessor, Construction Environmental Compliance Consultant, Noise Engineer, Construction Acoustics Manager, EHO, Acoustic Assessor, Principal Consultant, Environmental Impact Assessment, Noise Consultant, Environmental Impact Consultant, Environmental Contracts Consultant, Environmental Consultant, Noise Assessor, Acoustics Consultant, Environmental Compliance Manager, Noise Pollution Consultant may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Senior or Principal Acoustic Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly