Circa £36,000 per annum DOE
Every week, our client delivers organic food to around 80,000 homes and businesses across the UK. This takes loads of brilliant people, from growers to IT experts, and more besides!
They’re a friendly, forward-thinking bunch, and their three core values – Stronger Together, Do Things Well and Independence – run through everything they do. They celebrate diversity, valuing, supporting and developing the whole person as an equal opportunities’ employer.
In 2018, our client became employee owned. Working with them makes you a ‘co-owner’, their way of saying ‘employee’. It’s not just a name – every co-owner can play a part in shaping the company. Success means much more than just profits; our client wants this to be a place people enjoy coming to work, and a business co-owners feel proud of.
They’re also proud to be a B Corp – a certification for ethical businesses who work not just for profit, but also to benefit people and the planet.
What you’ll be doing
This is a hands-on role, based on site in Buckfastleigh, supporting all aspects of production. Together with your small team, you’ll ensure that equipment and services are operational (on the farm, at our nearby organic butchery, and at distribution hubs across the UK), and that production runs as smoothly as possible across our client’s entire operation.
You will be responsible for a small team – but you’ll also spend much of your time getting stuck in yourself, troubleshooting and providing practical solutions across multiple maintenance issues. This role will suit a proactive, solutions-based person who can manage a mixed workload of planned work, reactive work, and supporting the broader business with engineering solutions.
Strong communication skills are essential, to manage stakeholder expectations across projects along with being used to working in a fast-paced environment. You’ll also need to demonstrate excellent leadership skills to develop a best-in-class team.
It’s an excellent time to join our client. They’re enjoying a sustained period of growth, which will allow them to continue to innovate and develop more automation in their production. This role is a real opportunity for the right candidate to develop an exciting and successful career as a business co-owner.
This is a permanent contract working 40 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday, plus call out.
- Create and maintain a good working relationship with other managers at Buckfastleigh and around the network
- Manage multiple tasks/projects on a weekly basis and ensure they are tracked against budget, with performance review
- Motivate, guide and train the engineering team
- Develop a structured and comprehensive PPM programme encompassing all statutory and best practice
- Establish and manage a PPM programme across our client’s sites in line with current and future legislation
- Develop a service level agreement with Production, Farm, Office, Butchery and all distribution hubs located throughout the UK
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPIs through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance
- Play a supporting and at times leading role in the acquisition of new installations
- Abide by Health and Safety at Work Act, COSHH, Electricity at Work Act and any other relevant legislation
- Responsible for monthly budget and cost management
Skills & experience
- Proven ability to develop, lead and direct high performing teams
- Understand the full range of maintenance services and ability to execute service across them all
- Project management experience is helpful
- Experience of working to budgets with accountability for project costs and overhead cost control
- An area of specialisation, such as preventative maintenance
- Proven ability to build strong, collaborative customer relationships, balancing genuine customer empathy with an understanding of the business requirements, and finding solutions that work best for all stakeholders
- Excellent management expertise
- Continually looks for areas of improvement with the ability to constructively challenge established thinking and implement new practices or approaches
Our client’s Buckfastleigh office and farm is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people – and other benefits too.
- 33 days’ holiday pro rata (including Bank Holidays)
- Generous company pension scheme
- Annual profit share; 10% of all our client’s profits are split equally between all co-owners
- 25% off everything the company sells
- Heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches, home-cooked by canteen chefs, at our client’s two biggest sites
- Free organic fruit and veg!
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay (plus six months of free veg boxes)
- An annual allowance to spend on company branded clothing
- Lots of free co-owner events, including two massive parties a year
- Flexible working options
- Life assurance cover
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Engineering Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Engineering Team Manager, Engineering Team Lead, Maintenance Manager, Manufacturing Maintenance Manager, Production Maintenance Manager, or M&E Maintenance Manager.