Field Based (covering Surrey)
If you’re an experienced plumbing professional with excellent standards of work and a can-do attitude, we are currently recruiting for a Domestic Plumber to join our engineering team.
We are SES Home Services, a trusted local provider of plumbing, heating and drainage services. Our professional, reliable home services are accredited and guaranteed – giving our customers the best of both worlds – an affordable local specialist, plus the peace of mind of a large provider.
Whether our customers want to be prepared for every eventuality with emergency cover or fix a leaking tap with our fixed price repairs, we’re the local experts who are on hand to help, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our business is built on the values of service, compassion, integrity, innovation, collaboration and commitment. We are looking for engaged individuals who are passionate about delivering great customer service to join our team.
Why you should join our team:
At SES Home Services, we offer the perfect environment in which to learn, grow and succeed. You’ll join a fast-paced team full of ambitious, compassionate people who support each other to achieve their goals and are committed to delivering the very best for our customers.
Our knowledgeable team are one of the cornerstones of our success, which is why we place emphasis on learning and development. You’ll undertake a comprehensive induction, as well as on-the-job training, to give you all the tools you need to thrive.
For those with ambition, this position has the scope to progress into a team leader position in teams across our group, making this the ideal role in which to achieve your professional goals.
What’s more, we’re eager to offer flexibility to our teams wherever we can, enabling you to perform at your best and balance your work and life commitments.
- Salary of £30,000 - £36,000 per annum
- Up to 5% bonus (paid quarterly)
- Earning potential of £2,000 per annum through our sales commission scheme (you will not have to work to targets – this is currently based on sales lead generation for engineers)
- Additional earning potential through standby payments and enhanced rate overtime (circa £2,000 per annum)
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area (Company Van is provided for work use)
- Working hours: 45 hour basic working week. Shifts operate between the hours of 07:30 - 21:00, Mon – Sun with rest days on a shift basis.
As a Domestic Plumber, you will carry out plumbing repair work across a range of contracts, including but not limited to insurance policy holders, housing associations and tenanted properties; in addition, you will be expected to help and support with minor installation work as required.
You will perform plumbing inspections, unvented hot water cylinder safety checks and occasional Legionella assessments (we will provide training where necessary). Furthermore, you will carry out heating wet work such as replacing radiators and valves, CH pumps, heating zone valves etc.
At SES Homes Services, we carry out our duties and perform to the highest professional standards, both in the quality of our work and from a health & safety perspective, and we would look to you to be an ambassador for these standards when interacting with our customers out in the field.
Other organisations may call this role Plumber, Residential Plumber, Plumbing Engineer, Plumbing Technician, Plumbing Officer, or Plumbing & Wet Works Officer.
At SES Home Services, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Domestic Plumber with:
- A positive and can-do attitude
- A flexible approach to working, providing support as and when required
- Excellent practical knowledge of both plumbing and wet works
- Significant experience within plumbing, ideally 3 years’ vocational experience
Experience of mentoring and supporting apprentices would be advantageous to your application but is not essential.
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Home Services work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Domestic Plumber, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.