Global Manufacturing Operations Manager
About the Job
Games Workshop plc is a rapidly evolving business with manufacturing at its heart. Every week we deliver new products to a very discerning customer base while maintaining a large ongoing range to very high service levels.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of identifying, driving and delivering ongoing operational success across complex manufacturing systems and processes. Working with your teams, the manufacturing management team and the wider business, you will create and deliver a plan ensuring both incremental & step change improvements in manufacturing methods, materials, processes, capacity and standards.
A key role in ensuring we maintain and improve our gross margin, you will have full responsibility for the manufacturing capital investment plan and ensuring all products flow from design, through manufacturing, to distribution to agreed milestones.
In addition you will be responsible for ensuring that manufacturing has integrated systems with simple user interaction. Providing informative, accurate and clear information with instant and real time reporting.
- Ensure gross margin and quality standards are maintained and improved.
- Responsible for making sure everything is delivered to quality – the standard is zero defects. This will include making sure demand is met, information is produced for the business in a timely manner and continuous improvement processes are in place to ensure our continued success.
- Agree and set the appropriate manufacturing operational, people, systems, process and investment plans that clearly deliver the business needs in a timely manner.
- Create a quality and improvement culture with clear plans for incremental & step change improvements in manufacturing methods, materials, processes, capacity and standards driving towards zero defects.
- Ensure manufactured new releases have an agreed up to date delivery, cost & progress plan.
- Ensure manufacturing has integrated systems that accurately provide informative and clear product information, performance reports and real time metrics.
- A robust muti-site plant equipment and facility plan that ensures optimum uptime, safe working conditions and great working environment.
- Agree, set and report on the manufacturing annual and quarterly operational requirement, budget and capital plan.
- Ensure best practice standards and procedures are agreed, clear, in place and delivered whilst championing an improvement and quality culture.
- Support and improve the collaboration and communication across the various departments in manufacturing and the wider business.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors at all times through safe systems of work.
- Create, monitor and report on a clear set of goals, KPIs and metrics to ensure clarity on manufacturing performance to continually drive improvements.
Other Essential Information
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Significant experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing / operational environment.
- Experience in creating a quality culture that consistently delivers improvements.
- Proven track record of managing departments and developing high performing teams.
- Highly organised and capable of managing multiple priorities via project management.
- Experience in cross functional internal & external stakeholder management.
- Strong collaboration, influencing skills and relationship building across levels and functions.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to develop and write clear and concise business reports and plans.
- Experience in operational and capital investment budget management.
- Strong knowledge of performance, cost and quality metrics.
The ideal candidate will have experience in ERP (Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred), M.I.S systems, Product Information systems and a recognised HSE qualification (NEBOSH, IOSH or equivalent).
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let’s not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, Sunday 22nd November.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview based on what they tell us in their letter or video. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you’re ready, please click apply, below.