Head of Discipline
5 days left
- Full Time
Amey Consulting- Digital Engineering
Be part of our digital transformation
At Amey Consulting we have embraced digital engineering as everyday business. We are now ready to exploit our information and data to bring added value to our customers and really demonstrate how our information management can transform the way projects are delivered.
We are looking for Information Management specialists at all levels to help us further develop and drive our digital strategy, working with our talented engineering teams to optimise the way we plan, design, and visualise our solutions, and structure our information and data sources.
As Head of Discipline you will need to have enthusiastically embraced the digital revolution and be excited about the potential it brings to the engineering sector. You will be experienced in the exploitation of digital engineering software, and particularly best practices in information and data management.
If you want to be a part of the next stage of our digital transformation, please follow the link and apply now.
As a Head of Discipline for Digital Engineering, you will be accountable for the leadership and implementation of Amey Consulting digital engineering strategy and associated initiatives. This will include driving forward our digital strategy particularly in the areas of BIM (Building Information Modelling), data management and integration, process standardisation and automation.
You will combine significant experience of digital engineering and information management with a sound knowledge and understanding of Civil Engineering design processes.
You will oversee a digital engineering team responsible for planning, implementation, and the day to day running of technical systems, leveraging technology, policy, processes, and people.
In a typical week you will:
- Work alongside senior management, implementing strategic digital engineering initiatives aimed at driving increased efficiency and improved governance across the Consulting business
- To act as Amey Consulting’s technical lead for the specific technical discipline, including as the outward facing subject matter expert, raising our professional profile across industry.
- Implement competency-based initiatives aimed at raising our professional profile for internal and external clients through sustained growth
- Provide functional leadership to the digital engineering communities of practice
- To lead the relevant communities of practice ensuring consistency and best practice across offices to maintain competitive/commercial advantage, facilitating the technical development of our teams, encouraging innovation and cross-business cooperation, and supporting overall business strategy
- To work as part of Amey Consulting’s technical leadership team and to act as a mentor to more junior employees
- Accountable to the Professional Excellence Director as well as Head of Professional Excellence in Consulting businesses for the success of all initiatives and deliverables within the portfolio
- Accountable for the actions of the communities of practice more generally in matters pertaining directly to professional excellence
We want to hear from you if:
- Qualified to Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an appropriate subject
- Hold Chartered status with an appropriate professional body
- Hold Fellowship of an appropriate professional institution- desirable
- Have knowledge of technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
- Can demonstrate substantial high-level experience and expertise within the relevant technical field
- Can demonstrate a strong track record of technical leadership within a relevant construction or engineering environment
- Have a track record of developing and/or challenging technical standards, guidance, and advice notes for internal use and/or on behalf of clients
- Are experienced in the application of technical governance procedures within a relevant construction or engineering environment
- Can inspire and drive collaboration
- Can work individually and as part of a technical leadership team
- Hold strong leadership skills, with the ability to determine and influence strategy at Technical Director level and higher
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Bonus opportunity
- Flexible ways of working
- Private Medical cover
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.
Apply for Head of Discipline
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly