Horsham, West Sussex
Competitive salary plus benefits
Ceres is a fuel cell technology and engineering company whose aim is to bring cleaner and cheaper energy to businesses, homes and vehicles. We are passionate about clean energy for a clean world and our people are as innovative as our technology. We employ the most talented people in a business environment that is stimulating, rewarding and purposeful.
Your primary purpose is to create, develop and verify product designs as part of the Mechanical Engineering function group. This role requires a confident, enthusiastic, determined and organised individual who is keen to develop their career in a versatile environment.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical and communication skills, taking a pivotal role in solving improving and verifying product designs. They will have a flair for structuring information and an attention to detail. They will also have a strong delivery focus, using their technical knowledge and mechanical engineering tools to ensure that designs meet requirements and to minimise risk.
- Lead the development of mechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials engineering.
- Design and implement appropriate validation and verification testing for engineering sign-off.
- Support the resolution of engineering problems including support of post-test analysis activity.
- Provide input to and review engineering drawings and CAD models.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing teams during product assembly.
- Develop materials and designs, through the procurement process, intimal manufacturing processes, on to test and through post-test analysis.
- Provide input to DFMEA and design review based on failure modes (DRBFM) processes to enable identification of product risks.
- Write technical reports on failure modes and mechanisms, interpreting from literature, test data, post-test analysis (PTA) reports, CAE analyses and materials analyses.
- Engage in team-based solving of engineering problems using root cause analysis tools.
- Develop materials and designs through the procurement and intimal manufacturing processes on to test and post-test analysis.
Education, Training and Skills:
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher-level engineering qualification.
- Minimum two years' experience related to the key accountabilities; experience in the automotive, aerospace, power generation or white-goods sectors would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of design risk analysis and mitigation tools such as DFMEA.
- Knowledge of materials engineering, heat transfer, thermodynamics, mechanics, hydraulics and test engineering would all be beneficial.
- Experience with a 3D CAD program such as Creo, a product data management tool such as DDM and drawing standards such as BS 8888.
- Some familiarity with small batch and series production manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Familiarity with agile project management techniques such as Scrum.
- Delivery-focused and highly motivated with good attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to problems with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to contribute to design review meetings and form working relationships with supplier partners and peer groups.
- Strong influencing skills to achieve outcomes that are mutually beneficial.
- Able to prioritise and adapt in a fast-changing development environment.
- Collaborative approach focussing on successful delivery of the team's goals.
This position will provide the right person with an opportunity to be involved in a fast-expanding environment where personal achievements are recognised and rewarded through personal development and professional growth.
We welcome applications from candidates who are fluent in Korean, Mandarin, Chinese or German as well as from candidates who have experience of working within these countries and cultures.
Applications from candidates outside the UK will be considered. However all offers of employment will be subject to meeting UK Right-to-Work legislation.
For more information and to apply, please go to https://ceres.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=c53e975d-6032-4e70-a6b0-f3e3a945dcc9
Closing date for applications: 29 November 2020.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES