Job Title: Drainage Engineer
Salary: £32,910 - £35,745 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 13th December 2020
Do have a detailed knowledge of highways drainage systems? Do you want to take a leading role maintaining a large network of assets? If so, this is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic team maintaining highway drainage assets and managing highways flood risk in the borough.
This is a role in the Council’s Drainage & Flood Risk Team with responsibility for managing their highways drainage assets. You will be working with contractors to ensure maintenance schedules are delivered and will be identifying capital improvement schemes to manage highways flood risk.
The council are halfway through an exercise to cleanse and collect data on all 33,000 gullies in the borough to inform a risk based maintenance responsibility so you will work closely with the Term Service Contractor to complete and implement this new strategy using systems like Confirm and Kaarbontech. You will have a strong customer focus and be able to work quickly and efficiently to solve problems and communicate solutions to internal and external parties.
* To manage the Borough’s Highway Drainage assets and oversee the data gathering and implementation of a more intelligent highway gully cleansing plan.
* To write and oversee the delivery of a new Highway Drainage Strategy.
* To prepare detailed, drainage schemes together with the preparation of Contract documents including Bills of Quantities, Specifications and Contract Drawings.
* To prepare and implement projects relating to drainage and other environmental and municipal schemes.
* To manage all projects from start to finish, monitoring the progress, both financially and with respect to time.
* To deal with general enquiries from Councillors, the public and other internal and external bodies.
* To manage Capital and Revenue budgets on behalf of the Team Leader
* To undertake other municipal engineering schemes and tasks as necessary,
* The postholder will be expected to liaise, meet and share engineering information with the Council’s external engineering partners, as and when required.
* Degree in Civil Engineering or other related subject essential
* Experience in Drainage Asset Management
* Experience in the design and supervision of complex engineering schemes including the production and administration of contract documentation
* Experience in the operation of computer software. Autocad, Microdrainage, M3 GIS
* Experience of dealing with customers and Councillors in a local authority or other regulatory environment
* Experience in the use of standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Flood Risk Engineer, Drainage Engineer, Civil Engineer, ICE, CIWEM, Engineer, Highways Drainage, Structural Engineer, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineer, Civil Engineering, Highways Engineer, Structural Technician, AutoCAD, ONC, HND may also be considered for this role