Senior Highways Asset Management Coordinator
Job Title: Senior Highways Asset Management Coordinator
Salary: £34,748 - £37,890 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 13th December 2020
Do you have a detailed knowledge of Highways Asset Management? Do you want a leading role managing highways network valued at over £1bn? If so, this is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic team effectively managing our highways network on a long term strategy.
This is a role in the Council’s Highways team managing the road and footpath network. You’ll be based between the office and home with some site visits and will be responsible for developing and delivering highways asset management strategy and policies.
* Develop the use of the asset management systems and take the lead role in implementing good asset management practice across all highway and transport assets with the main emphasis on local carriageways and footways but also including drainage and structural assets. Total GRC is of £1.3bn.
* Use the existing asset management systems (Horizons / Xais/Bridgestation/GIS and Confirm) to develop:
* Long term strategies based on deterioration modelling
* Rolling multi-year programmes of carriageway and footway maintenance schemes
* Annual proposals for programmes of carriageway safety maintenance schemes
* Lead on the management of existing policies and framework documents carrying out periodic reviews as and when required.
* Lead on the updating of the highways asset inventory database
* Lead on co-ordinating ongoing updates of all highway asset data in order to provide accurate information for Whole Government Accounting (WGA) and ensure that the annual WGA return is completed
* Use asset management principles to develop and sustain long term highway maintenance strategies and lead on the development of asset management plans for all highways assets within the Council’s asset management framework
* Manage the annual programme of carriageway and footway condition surveys and analyse the resulting data using appropriate systems.
* Provide technically accurate information to design engineers to enable them to prepare detailed highway schemes
* Ensure that annual programmes of work are developed sufficiently for delivery on site and meet asset management requirements
* Identify and implement appropriate asset management innovations from across the industry.
* Relevant Degree in engineering or equivalent relevant professional experience in this discipline.
* Post Graduate qualification such as Mba, MSc, MEng or other relevant Asset Management qualification.
* Highway maintenance in a local authority context
* The use of specialist highways asset management software such as the Horizons system (or similar).
* Demonstrable experience in a Highways Asset Management role
* Use of Microsoft Office, GIS and Horizons (or similar systems)
* UKPMS surveys and data processing
* Working in a local authority environment
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Highways Maintenance Engineer, Council Asset Manager, Highways Asset Senior Engineer, Civil Engineer, Senior Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer, Highway Structures Engineer, Senior Structural Engineer may also be considered for this role