Project Engineer – Public Sector
Job Title: Project Engineer
Salary: £32,234 - £34,728 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 13th December 2020
Do you have a passion for civil engineering and construction? Do you want a diverse and varied workload? If so, this is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic team solving engineering issues and delivering projects across the borough.
This is a role in the Council’s Engineering & Project Delivery Team delivering a diverse range of projects including drainage, public realm, highways, heritage and safety schemes. You’ll be based between the site, office and home and will be responsible for designing and delivering projects via their term service contract.
* The post holder will undertake the design and delivery of a wide range of engineering projects for internal and external clients.
* To manage all projects from start to finish, monitoring the progress, both financially and with respect to time.
* To deal with general enquiries from Councillors, the public and other internal and external bodies.
* The postholder will be expected to liaise, meet and share engineering information with the Council’s external engineering partners, as and when required.
* In accordance with established Council procedures, the postholder will deal with a range of Councillor and general public generated enquiries and complaints.
* The postholder will be expected to liaise, meet and share engineering information with the Council’s external engineering partners as and when required.
* The Postholder will be expected to prepare and present reports at meetings which will involve evening meetings with Parish Councils etc.
* To fulfil the duties of Principal Designer under the CDM regulations where required.
* Degree in Civil Engineering or other related subject essential
* Significant post graduate experience in Highway / Drainage design and project management using the NEC Contract
* Experience of working with Architects, Planners, Building Control Officers and other professionals at a high level of competence
* Experience in the design, supervision and project management of complex engineering schemes including the production and administration of contract documentation.
* Experience in the operation of computer software. Microsoft office, Autocad, P2Net,
* Experience of dealing with customers and Councillors in a local authority or other regulatory environment
* Experience in the use of standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Highways Maintenance Engineer, Civil Engineer, Council Project Manager, Building Control, Senior Civil Engineer, Engineering Project Manager, Structural Engineer, Highway Structures Engineer, Senior Structural Engineer may also be considered for this role