Assistant Project Engineer – Public Sector
Job Title: Assistant Project Engineer
Salary: £27,741 - £29,577 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 13th December 2020
Do you have a passion for civil engineering and construction? Do you want a diverse and varied workload? If so, this is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic team solving engineering issues and delivering projects across the borough.
This is a role in the Council’s Engineering & Project Delivery Team delivering a diverse range of projects including drainage, public realm, highways, heritage and safety schemes. You’ll be based between the site, office and home and will be responsible for designing and delivering projects via their term service contract.
* To provide engineering assistance to engineers and senior engineers to design and implement civil engineering and environmental schemes.
* To provide technical advice on a variety of engineering matters, under guidance, to members of the Business Unit, members of the Public and others within the Council.
* To assist in the preparation of feasibility reports on a variety of municipal engineering and environmental projects under the guidance of an engineer or senior engineer.
* To assist the Project Supervisor in his tasks to supervise civil engineering and environmental projects on site including the administration of the Contract including on-site measurements and valuations.
* To deal with general enquiries from both the public, Councillors and internal business units within the Council.
* To undertake topographical surveys using surveying equipment (training will be given where required)
* Preparation of AutoCAD drawings (training provided) from survey data in the form of plans and sections.
* HNC Qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent essential
* Experience in the design and supervision of engineering schemes including the production and administration of contract documentation.
* Experience in the operation of computer software. Autocad, Microsoft Office (desirable)
* Experience of dealing with customers and Councillors in a local authority or other regulatory environment(desirable)
* Experience in the use of standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software
* Able to carry out a range of highway related engineering functions with supervision.
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Highways Maintenance Engineer, Civil Engineer, Council Project Assistant, Building Control, HNC Qualified Civil Engineer, Engineering Project Executive, Structural Engineer, Highway Structures Engineer, Assistant Structural Engineer may also be considered for this role