Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer
Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer
Salary: £35,745 - £38,890 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 15th December 2020
Are you looking for a challenge, and a diverse range of work? Do you want to work in an innovative, positive team that shapes and develops the places we live and work in? If so they would want to hear from you.
This team is part of the Council, delivering development services from a team of specialists which includes Highways Development Management, Planning, Ecology, Conservation, Healthy Spaces and Building Control. They deliver holistic and innovative solutions to all their customers.
They are also visionaries in their field. The Company is the Midlands’ first public sector commercial planning, development and environmental consultancy who support developments through the regulation process, from the promotion of land to achieving consents, through to their safe completion on behalf of clients across the region including Shropshire, Cheshire and the wider Midlands.
Working in the highly innovative and motivated Highways Development Management Team, the Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer will be responsible for providing infrastructure designs with a strong emphasis on drainage. Producing flood risk assessments along with supporting the statutory technical approval process. Due to an increased client portfolio they’re seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Engineer to enhance the drainage and design capabilities to grow the business even further over the next few years.
* Leading multi-disciplinary teams to achieve Client/Council/regulatory objectives achieving compliance and are ensuring completed within budget.
* Provide support and supervision of members of staff within the delivery team on a day to day basis leaving only problematic or specific managerial tasks to the Principal Infrastructure Engineer.
* Be responsible for the detailed technical assessment of development related highway works proposed for agreement under S.38 and S.278 of the Highways Act and use professional judgement and other resources as appropriate to review, audit and approve designs by third parties for making alterations or additions to the borough’s highway network.
* To be directly involved in supporting a small team of design technicians in producing plans, layouts and designs for external clients.
* To actively coordinate a multitude of departments within the council to form a ‘one stop shop’ approach to clients, this will be in the form of project management taking on responsibility of the coordination of technical information supplied by departments and providing them as one to enhance the service we offer.
* To actively investigate, design and suggest highway engineering solutions and supervise a team in providing design solutions to internal and external clients in relation to new developments.
* To actively promote and drive business through key clients as well as providing new clients through marketing support.
* To deal with highway enquiries from Councillors, Parish Councils, the public and other internal and external bodies in relation to new development.
* Be responsible for securing income through fees associated with S38 and S278 agreements, which can be in excess of £100,000 per annum.
* To arrange for supervision of third party developers and contractors on site to ensure all works are constructed to approved designs ensuring that the Council can formally adopt works as part of the highway following construction.
* To work with neighbourhood & customer services to maximise opportunities from development and ensure that infrastructure delivery is aligned with the Councils key highway strategies and related priorities as appropriate.
* Prepare briefs and commission work from consultants and other council teams as appropriate.
* Advise the Highways Development Team Manger / Service Delivery Manager of progress of technical Audits and design work, seeking guidance as appropriate on major schemes.
* A degree in Civil Engineering (or related subject) with significant relevant experience.
* Membership of a professional body (such as the Chartered Institute of Civil Engineers or similar)
* Significant experience of working with Architects, Planners, Building Control Officers and Engineers.
* Significant experience in the design and supervision of complex engineering schemes including the production and administration of contract documentation.
* Significant experience in the operation of computer software.
* Experience of dealing with customers and Councillors in a local authority or other regulatory environment.
* Significant experience in the use of standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Civil Design Engineer, Highways Maintenance Engineer, Civil Engineer, ICE, Highways Design Engineer, Structural Engineer, Highway Structures Engineer, Highway Infrastructure Engineer may also be considered for this role