SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today, we maintain over 2,000 miles of water main, manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
We’re now seeking a Project Engineer to drive and deliver a range of exciting projects to ensure we continue to provide clean water to our customers.
- Salary of £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme to support employees and encourage a healthy lifestyle including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and local retailers
This is an incredible opportunity for a water treatment engineer with insight into MEICA design principles to advance their career with our organisation.
You’ll have the chance to get involved in a wide range of projects to support the continual flow of water to our customers, expanding your experience levels and providing engaging challenges every day.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and strive to create engaged, talented teams working within a culture that encourages innovation and fosters a positive environment. We’ve got a strong set of values that guide our behaviour and actions and we place emphasis on training and development, recognising and rewarding effort and empowering colleagues.
You’ll discover a close-knit, friendly atmosphere where the approach is collaborative and team focused and there are great relationships with our contract partners. What’s more, with the potential for progression, this is a highly rewarding opportunity in every respect.
As a Project Engineer, you will be tasked with delivering a variety of water supply, treatment and infrastructure development related engineering schemes as part of the Production Department.
Our Production Department is responsible for a range of activities including extracting, treating and pumping water to service reservoirs to ensure that sufficient quantities are available to meet demand, conserving and recreating environmental spaces, and estate management and commercial leasing.
Working within set budgets, you will oversee and play a crucial part in projects from initial commissioning through to handover to operational staff.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Carrying out feasibility studies for both the technical and financial sides of projects
- Completing mechanical/electrical/ICA investigations and providing advice on the best solution
- Project managing non-infrastructure schemes associated with water abstraction, treatment, supply and distribution
- Preparing and controlling budgets
- Reviewing company standards
- Supervising the construction, installation and commissioning stages
- Detailing MEICA designs, preparing specifications and contracts, negotiating with contractors, appraising and reporting on tenders
To be considered as a Project Engineer, you will need:
- Experience and knowledge of water treatment process
- Experience and knowledge of MEICA design principles
- Experience of engineering contract preparation
- Experience of managing third party service providers
- An HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical, Systems, or Electrical or Electronic Engineering
Other organisations may call this role Water Treatment Engineer, Water Infrastructure Engineer, Utilities Infrastructure Engineer, Water Project Engineer, Utilities Engineer, or M&E Project Engineer.
Webrecruit and SES Water are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Project Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount. While COVID-19 restrictions are in place we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.