(Senior) Engineer - Smart Building Systems
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS), Buildings and Logistics Department (BLD), Facilities Management Division (FM), Buildings Operations and Maintenance Unit (BO) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Engineer - Smart Building Systems. This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for April/May 2021.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
As a (Senior) Engineer - Smart Building Systems (internally referred to as (Senior) Officer Facilities Management) you will deliver and manage services, contracts and projects related to the Internet of Things (IoT) and smart building technologies to deliver and maintain safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure in Luxembourg. You will design, implement and manage smart building services as well as the corresponding contracts to ensure optimal operation of the buildings, quality of service and the implementation of facility management standards and processes in line with the EIB’s needs and industry best practices.
The Buildings Operations and Maintenance Unit is responsible for the technical maintenance of all EIB Group buildings in Luxembourg. It coordinates preventive and corrective maintenance for HVAC, electrical and FM-IT systems and ensures the operational lifecycle of all technical building equipment and systems.
You will report to the Head of Unit.
- Design and implement relevant IoT and smart building services to improve building efficiency, sustainability and end user experience.
- Manage outsourced FM contracts, related the IoT and smart building technologies, and the related monitoring and control in compliance with the relevant EIB policies and procedures, GDPR and audit requirements
- Work in collaboration with maintenance project and contract managers to improve technical building installations and networks to deliver state-of-the art services
- Provide expert advice on HVAC, sensors, lighting, lifts, energy, blinds, electrical (metering, UPS and generators), fire detection devices and any other component of the building where devices can be controlled and monitored through sensors
- Provide expert advice on the rationalisation, evolution and management of Technical FM Services such as Building Management Systems, Connected Buildings Technology, payment systems
- Work on existing buildings to classify devices, identify upgrade opportunities and ensure these are rolled out in a controlled manner
- University degree with a specialisation in electrical/technical engineering or associated disciplines
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in technical building maintenance
- Experience in implementing and managing information systems for industrial installations and/or facility management (such as CAFM applications)
- Experience in smart building technologies and automation, including the integration of diverse components
- Excellent knowledge of technical building maintenance standards and best practices (e.g.HVAC, electricity and security systems, low voltage, multimedia equipment.)
- Current knowledge of new technologies (IoT) related to information systems for facility management would be an advantage
- Proven practical experience in project management (a certification in Prince2, PMI or PM2 would be considered as an advantage)
- Understanding of 3D Building Information Modelling information systems and knowledge of Archibus maintenance modules would be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French (*). Knowledge of a third EU language would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 7th April 2021
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
Apply now via the "Apply" button.