Deputy Chief Examiner – Level 3 NDT
Deputy Chief Examiner – Level 3 NDT
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
If you are a high calibre Level 3 qualified NDT professional, this is the perfect role in which to step away from the coalface and take on a senior examiner role with outstanding career progression and benefits.
Our client is offering progression prospects and the opportunity to join their organisation in a pivotal role that supports the entire industry sector of engineering.
Our client is an internationally renowned provider of Non Destructive Testing (NDT), corrosion and coatings training and consultancy services.
Based in a multi-million-pound Engineering Training Centre in Sheffield, they provide an unrivalled learning environment with the latest equipment and facilities on offer.
They are proud to be a part of an organisation that has been improving the world through engineering since 1847.
Our client is now looking for a Deputy Chief Examiner to join their British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT) authorised qualifying body and step up into an exceptional role.
As the Deputy Chief Examiner, you will take on a key, vital role within our client’s NDT examination process.
Reporting directly to the Chief Examiner, you will mark exam papers submitted by highly qualified and senior-level individuals. You will ensure that our client conforms to BINDT and Personnel Certification in Non-Destructive Testing (PCN) requirements, as well as the requirements of other certification schemes, such as The American Society of Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT) and the Institute of Corrosion (ICorr).
Facilitating the examination process, you will act as an invigilator, mark exams and liaise with approved examination centre training partners.
You will also:
- Allocate and control examination papers to appropriate markers in line with scheme requirements
- Manage and continually review PCN and ICorr exam sample stock
- Support and take part in audit QA processes associated with CP08 and CP09
- Occasionally act as an NDT Trainer and deliver courses you are qualified to teach in
- When required and permitted, undertake travel
- Provide cover for the Chief Examiner when required
To be considered as the Deputy Chief Examiner, you will need a range of PCN level 3 qualifications, including:
- Ultrasonic Testing – Welds experience
- A track record of working both independently with strong accountability and within a team to deliver outputs to plan
- Excellent people and relationship management skills
- A high level of IT literacy, including the ability to use PCs and associated networks and systems (e.g. MS Office) to find, manipulate and distribute information
- Salary of £45,000 - £55,000 (DOE)
- 26 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays and your birthday
- Benefits including life assurance and private health cover
- Stakeholder pension scheme (up to 10% matched)
- Continuous training and career development
- A range of wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
This role represents an incredible opportunity to develop and progress. You will be a key part of the succession planning strategy and there is potential for the ideal candidate to move into the Chief Examiner role.
You’ll have the chance to step up with an organisation offering stability, security and an excellent salary and benefits package, including an outstanding pension scheme.
So, if you want to utilise your knowledge to empower others and support the examination function of a world-renowned organisation, our client wants to hear from you.
Thank you for your interest in this post. Our client looks forward to receiving your application. Interviews will be held on an ad hoc basis as suitable applicants apply.
Other organisations may call this role Senior NDT Examiner, Non-Destructive Testing Examiner, Examiner, NDT Invigilator, ICorr Examiner, NDT Trainer, or NDT Assessor and Examiner.
Our client is also eager to hear from those who have held the role of Non-Destructive Test Engineer, NDT Engineer, Level 3 NDT Engineer, Level III NDT Engineer, or Senior NDT Engineer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re eager to take on your next challenge as the Deputy Chief Examiner, please select the apply button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.