3 days left
- Full Time
Cheam and Woodmansterne sites, Surrey
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today, we maintain over 2,000 miles of water main, manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
We’re now seeking a Plant Operator to operate and monitor the treatment works, pumping stations and service reservoirs within a set operational area across a seven-day shift pattern.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Free on-site parking
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Life Assurance
- Give as you earn scheme
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme to support employees and encourage a healthy lifestyle including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
This is an incredible opportunity for a Plant Operative professional working across a defined geographical area, with a mixture of indoor and outdoor work - no two days will be the same!
We believe our people are our greatest asset and strive to create engaged, talented teams working within a culture that encourages innovation and fosters a positive environment. We’ve got a strong set of values that guide our behaviour and actions and we place emphasis on training and development, recognising and rewarding effort and empowering colleagues.
You’ll discover a close-knit, friendly atmosphere where the approach is collaborative and team focused and there are great relationships with our contract partners. What’s more, with the potential for progression, this is a highly rewarding opportunity in every respect.
As a Plant Operator, you will facilitate the highest standard of service and communications to our internal customers to ensure they are provided with the service they deserve, upholding our values of Service, Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Compassion and innovation.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Routine and emergency operation of complex processes of water treatment such as abstraction, filtration and disinfection
- Monitoring automated process systems via SCADA for satisfactory operation
- Taking samples and carrying out related analysis to ensure compliance with internal/external standards
- Diagnosing basic faults in the process plant and taking remedial action, reporting findings as necessary
- Compliance with internal procedures and processes, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed
- Liaise with colleagues and other departments, particularly Water Quality, to find solutions to issues and deliver the best results for the site
- Ensuring that all necessary records are completed to meet regulatory requirements
- Assisting colleagues within the M&E and Systems teams as required to complete both planned and reactive maintenance
- Carry out cleaning and housekeeping duties as necessary to maintain the required standards.
- Other such duties which may be reasonably required
To be considered as a Plant Operator, you will need:
- Experience of working in a similar environment, preferably within the water industry
- Experience working as part of a team to achieve a common goal
- Full driving licence
- Minimum Grade C in GCSE Maths and English, or equivalent
- Basic IT skills
Other organisations may call this role Water Treatment Plant Operator, Water Technician, Water Treatment Technician, Water Plant Operator, or Plant & Maintenance Operator.
Webrecruit and SES Water are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Plant Operator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount. While COVID-19 restrictions are in place we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.